P-64 Trigger Guard Spring

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
tomvera

P-64 Trigger Guard Spring

Post by tomvera »

Hi guys, new member, first post. A few weeks ago at the range, the trigger guard pin broke and sent the trigger guard out
into the range, but I was able to retrieve it. I went on Gunbroker and ordered 2 replacements. They were sent quite quickly, but after passing through New York, on 4 Sept., they still are not here. So I went to Numrich gunparts and ordered a Walther PPK. It arrived today and is a perfect match. I don't know if a Makarov pin would work, but Numrich is sold out of them.
Just an FYI post. Thanks
culpeper

Re: P-64 Trigger Guard Spring

Post by culpeper »

I posted in the wrong thread.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

tomvera wrote:Hi guys, new member, first post. A few weeks ago at the range, the trigger guard pin broke and sent the trigger guard out
into the range, but I was able to retrieve it. I went on Gunbroker and ordered 2 replacements. They were sent quite quickly, but after passing through New York, on 4 Sept., they still are not here. So I went to Numrich gunparts and ordered a Walther PPK. It arrived today and is a perfect match. I don't know if a Makarov pin would work, but Numrich is sold out of them.
Just an FYI post. Thanks
Just note, if you haven't seen it already there is a special technique to installing that pin. Forum member NORM SUTTON posted the correct way to do it (it's not like you'd first expect) to keep from damage. I can't remember the thread name. Maybe someone else will post or you might search for it.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tomvera

Post by tomvera »

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The way he showed in the photos is exactly what I did. I tried and tried, but even my Samson
like strength couldn't do it.
Thanks, Tom
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Try using some penetrating oil like Kroil to loosen the pin.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

tomvera wrote:Hi, Thanks for the reply. The way he showed in the photos is exactly what I did. I tried and tried, but even my Samson
like strength couldn't do it.
Thanks, Tom
Are you saying that vise technique is what you did because you had tried and tried and couldn't remove it, or that you couldn't remove it but that vise tip still wouldn't allow you to do it? If that's the case, 'Kroil' or other penetrating oil like Curly says and possibly some heat might help. Hmmm....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
tomvera

Post by tomvera »

No, I tried to squeeze the guard by hand to align it for the pin. When I couldn't do that I put it in the vice and carefully tightened just to where I could place the pin. My first pin replacement was a used one I got on Ebay, the one in now is a Walther PPK pin.
The replacement I ordered from Poland and passed through New York on 4 Sept. is still not here. By the way I took two 1/4"
slats of wood and taped them on the vice jaws. Next I'll get a couple of brass angle irons.
tomvera

Post by tomvera »

Hi again. Today I just received the trigger guard pin from Poland. Just FYI it is the same as the Walther PPK. I have ordered a Makarov pin, just to see if that is the same.