Hammer not cocking after firing

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Striknine

Hammer not cocking after firing

Post by Striknine »

Having an issue with my P64, after every shot a new round will chamber but the hammer is not locking back. This eliminates the single action aspect of the pistol. Has anyone experienced this problem before?
I am using PPU ammo and installed the wolff spring upgrades, but I get the same results with both stock and Wolff springs.
Any direction on what to do would be great.
Thanks
snailman153624

Re: Hammer not cocking after firing

Post by snailman153624 »

Well, if it was as simple as the hammer not locking back, you would be getting a slam fire (it would fire in full auto until the mag was emptied)...which would be scary as hell.

Since it sounds like it's just firing 1 at a time, it seems like your safety must be getting toggled, at least momentarily.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Could also be a problem with the disconnector. Or also the sear going bad. If it's the sear it could develop into that slam fire situation so be careful.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
nerillosa

Post by nerillosa »

That happened to me when the safety detente spring was bad and the safety became kind of loose. Changed the safety detente spring and the gun is good to go now.
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

I took it all apart again to see if I could find any potential issues with worn parts or burs. Weird thing is everything looks as if it is new. I took it to the range again after putting it back together and still have the same problem. It will only fire in double action mode. What should I do at this point? I don't want to just start randomly replacing parts.
Thanks
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

Took it back to the range again yesterday. Still having problems, this time it did slam fire. Good thing I only loaded two rounds max. Looking back at another thread on this forum another member had the same issues and like weasel mentioned above the sear must worn.
Where can I find a replacement sear, hammer, sear spring, and disconnector?
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

You sure it actually slamfired? It is very easy to "double-tap" due to the high recoil. The best way to avoid this is holding the trigger back until it is done recoiling, rather than the instinctive reaction of letting it reset as it recoils.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Check gunbroker for parts.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

snailman153624 wrote:You sure it actually slamfired? It is very easy to "double-tap" due to the high recoil. The best way to avoid this is holding the trigger back until it is done recoiling, rather than the instinctive reaction of letting it reset as it recoils.
It definitely slamfired. I didn't realize it at first, it felt like an very hot round since I only loaded 2 rounds after reading this thread (thanks for the heads up Weasel). I usually hold the trigger back until it's finished cycling as I listen for the reset in order to stop the forward travel.
Curly1 wrote:Check gunbroker for parts.
I found a disconnect of there, but I also contacted SOG and told them about the issues. They told me after 30 days I have to contact the importer. I called CAI and started their return process. They will attempt to fix it and if no luck replace it. I hope everything gets sorted out quickly.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Let us know how it turns out.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary