Trigger Guard falls apart after shooting 20 rounds... Weird!

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
bassplayer

Trigger Guard falls apart after shooting 20 rounds... Weird!

Post by bassplayer »

I finally was able to take my P-64 out to the range and I was able to put 20 rounds through it before the trigger guard assembly fell apart! I lost the Trigger Guard Spring (#14) and the Trigger Guard Pin (#18). Does anyone know where I can get Trigger Guard replacement parts? Loved the way it shot.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Trigger Guard falls apart after shooting 20 rounds... We

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bassplayer

Post by bassplayer »

Thanks Curly1, I appreciate it.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Curly gave you the most reliable source. But you might also check this guy http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/P64-c202.htm to see if he has gotten any parts in. He has some in stock, others not so much.

And here's another: https://www.buymilsurp.com/ Roll the dice time! :mrgreen: Good luck!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
bassplayer

Post by bassplayer »

robhic wrote:Curly gave you the most reliable source. But you might also check this guy http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/P64-c202.htm to see if he has gotten any parts in. He has some in stock, others not so much.

And here's another: https://www.buymilsurp.com/ Roll the dice time! :mrgreen: Good luck!
Thanks for that information. I ended up ordering from the guy on Gunbroker.com. The above first one didn't have the pin, just the spring, but wasn't in stock and the second one didn't carry either.

Thanks!!
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

bassplayer wrote:
Thanks for that information. I ended up ordering from the guy on Gunbroker.com. The above first one didn't have the pin, just the spring, but wasn't in stock and the second one didn't carry either.

Thanks!!
Unfortunately, that's kinda the norm. Also why I wrote "roll the dice" time! Sometimes it's feast and others (majority) it's famine. I guess finding parts for 40± year old European pistols is generally a crapshoot. :(

Keep looking. I've found parts at all places listed. It's a matter of timing....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
bassplayer

Post by bassplayer »

OK - I finally received the parts from the guy in Poland off of gunbroker. My question is the trigger guard pin doesn't slide into the guard or frame. Do you have to hit it with a rubber mallet/punch to get it through or is there a different pin depending on the year the gun was made? That spring is pretty strong too. Going to be tough to hold it in place and tap that pin in. And ideas?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Instructions here about half way down on pin removal.

I am going to assume it works the same way putting it back in.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4702&start=15
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bassplayer

Post by bassplayer »

Curly1 wrote:Instructions here about half way down on pin removal.

I am going to assume it works the same way putting it back in.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4702&start=15

Thanks for the info. I just need to get a vice now.