Newbie with probably an old question on Wolff springs

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
J Pat

Newbie with probably an old question on Wolff springs

Post by J Pat »

My wife wants to use the P64 so I got the trigger spring fix kit from Wolff Springs and
use the 18 lb spring which was the weakest of the 3 received. She still can't activate
that trigger except with the hammer back in single mode. Double action mode is still
just too hard for her to pull. Is additional modification available to me? Single action
appears to be her only choice. Thanks!
jimdgreat1

Re: Newbie with probably an old question on Wolff springs

Post by jimdgreat1 »

I'm thinking no. Any lighter will not produce reliable fire and may drop the magazine.
Maybe some polishing of the components and a 17 pound spring. Don't think it would make much difference. Hopefully someone else will reply. I don't have much experience with the p64.
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Im also using the 18# spring. The mod I did was grinded both ends of the spring flat, from its original rounded form. The shaved metal, though miniscule, could have also reduced the spring tension. A lot better than going for the 17# spring which is too light on SA.
I also polished the areas that makes metal to metal contact, used a 1000 grit sandpaper. I shoot DA every mag change whenever I hit the range, usually 100-150 rounds.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I suppose it depends on one's definition of "too light." I put the 17# hammer spring in my P-64's and don't think the DA pull is incredibly light (110% better than the original, though!) The next shots (SA) are light but I don't find them any lighter than my Glock triggers and quite a bit higher than my Ruger .22 triggers. I guess it's a personal choice. I've also not had any magazine-drop problems or light strike issues, either. Yes, the SA pull (I've not measured it) is fairly light - care is IMPERATIVE!!! Finger off the trigger and keep focused. Too light? Not in my opinion. Just remember it is MY opinion and differs from some others ....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke