New guy with questions

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
OHGUNNER

New guy with questions

Post by OHGUNNER »

Hello all, new guy from Ohio here. :hi: Long time gun collector. Just got a really nice P64 (1975). It appears to have been used very little and not carried at all. The dealer told me it came from AIM. Really nice, quality pistol. I believe the Factory 11/Radom guns are all top notch. I have a little trouble with trigger pull. DA is really heavy, as expected. SA seems, to me, to be way light. Much lighter than other pistols I have fired. Almost like a "set" trigger. Just touch it and it goes. Is this a normal condition with these guns? Anyone else notice this? Do I need some adjustment? If so, can you recommend a pistolsmith who is familiar with this weapon? Glad to be on this forum and thanks in advance for any advice.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New guy with questions

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Mine is the same way hard DA and hair trigger in SA.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
craig

Post by craig »

Ditto with what Curly said. Mine was also made in 1975.
There is no free lunch
HolmesZ28

Post by HolmesZ28 »

I agree, DA is a bear, and SA takes a little getting used to. I have a 77 P-64 and love it! Sleep with it close by with Silver Bear HP's loaded. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Welcome OHGUNNER. I am in Ohio as well and I believe we know someone in common. I was just talking to her yesterday I think or, it's a hell of coincidence <G>. If that's the case I have two almost complete spring sets for your weapon. Feel free to PM me if you like, I've gained a lot of knowledge from these good folks here and you will as well I'm sure. At any rate welcome to the forum!!!!
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
OHGUNNER

Post by OHGUNNER »

Thanks to all for the info. I guess my trigger is normal. Sure is a nice pistol. Good price too. Maybe a guy would be wise to get several before they go "out of sight" as so many others have. Only rough spot on mine was a buggered up grip screw. I cleaned it up with a slot file, fine stone, crocus cloth and cold blue. Good as new!