Mak P64 question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Irish51

Mak P64 question

Post by Irish51 »

Hi...Just read an old article written by Stephen A Camp about the Makarov P64 vs Bersa .380 pros & cons of each etc...Several times he mentioned there were "improved" sights available for the P64 that were compatible to the 3-dot, white dot sights of the Bersa .380. Does anyone know about any such sights and where they can be ordered from ?..My old 62 yrs old eyes aren't what they use to be. I love my Mak P64, its comfortable to carry concealed, shoots well and is easy to handle, but target acquisition with my eyes is getting harder and harder as time goes on. Appreciate any help ya'll might be able to give me. Thanks.
snailman153624

Re: Mak P64 question

Post by snailman153624 »

Not sure how you can do anything with the front sight, since it is integral to the slide. The rear, maybe, but why?

I find this gun points naturally, even if you aren't using the sights.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Irish51 wrote:Hi...Just read an old article written by Stephen A Camp about the Makarov P64 vs Bersa .380 pros & cons of each etc...Several times he mentioned there were "improved" sights available for the P64 that were compatible to the 3-dot, white dot sights of the Bersa .380. Does anyone know about any such sights and where they can be ordered from ?..My old 62 yrs old eyes aren't what they use to be. I love my Mak P64, its comfortable to carry concealed, shoots well and is easy to handle, but target acquisition with my eyes is getting harder and harder as time goes on. Appreciate any help ya'll might be able to give me. Thanks.
Only thing I ever heard of involved milling the slide and putting on modern sights (Novaks, ims, I'll google and add if I find). Outside of that I have, personally, found that fluorescent model paint and/or fluorescent nail polish do amazing things for visibility.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I think this is the reference:

http://www.makarov.com/slide/

Note that this is now just a reference only because they have ceased offering this service.

But if they did it, any competent and properly outfitted gunsmith can do it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Irish51

Post by Irish51 »

lklawson wrote:I think this is the reference:

http://www.makarov.com/slide/

Note that this is now just a reference only because they have ceased offering this service.

But if they did it, any competent and properly outfitted gunsmith can do it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Thank you Kirk...I appreciate your time and effort. Very helpful and gives me a starting point.

Irish
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

If it was Stephen A Camp, then it was likely this: http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/MakarovBersa.htm

Note that the comparison is with a Makarov, not a P64.