P64 Trigger Bar Issue

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
czerka

P64 Trigger Bar Issue

Post by czerka »

A customer recently brought me a P64 for repair. Intial inspection I discovered it was missing the trigger return spring and the decocker sear was brke of on the end. I replaced the required parts and reassembled the gun but the DA and the decocker would not function, SA action worked with no problem. I removed the grips and discovered that by applying significant pressure to the tail end of the trigger bar the DA would function fine. I have been over it and over it and I cannot figure out what I am overlooking. Anyone have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate any input, thanks.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: P64 Trigger Bar Issue

Post by Weasel640 »

Have you gone through this manual to make sure everything is there and in working order?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536

There might be something out of place or missing that you aren't realizing because you are not familiar with them.

Also check here: http://www.p64resource.com/goods.php

Norm Sutton sells a better Trigger Return Spring.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Also if you post detailed pictures with the grips off, some one might spot something to help you.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
czerka

Post by czerka »

Thanks, I will look over the manual and see if I missed something also I will try to get some pics up soon. The trigger spring I put in it came from Norm.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

In all likelihood the trigger spring is either worn out or broken off or weakened enough that it is slipping past the stud on the trigger bar. Norm has excellent step by step instructions and photos to walk you right through it. Stay safe and well.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
jacklove44

Post by jacklove44 »

I have re-arsenaled and brought back to like-new 80+ of these guns. My experience shows that most of the time this problem is caused by a worn-faulty disconnector and/or weak trigger spring.
Replacing these two parts has solved the problem for me.
Jack
czerka

Post by czerka »

The trigger spring is brand new I just bought from norm but will try replacing the disconnector like you said. Luckily I just happened to buy one of those armors P64's from century about a year ago so I have something to canniblized. Thanks for all the assistance.
jacklove44

Post by jacklove44 »

Also, use a SMALL amount of good gun grease on the disconnector before you put it back in its slot.
Jack
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

czerka wrote:The trigger spring is brand new I just bought from norm but will try replacing the disconnector like you said. Luckily I just happened to buy one of those armors P64's from century about a year ago so I have something to canniblized. Thanks for all the assistance.
You should also know that if you have any spare safeties, there have been a lot of people looking for them. I'd keep one or two. But if you have a few, they are in demand.
Weasel

mdyer772

Post by mdyer772 »

I know this is an old post, and I don't know if the poster ever fixed his gun, but the manual helped me fix mine. The trigger bar had dropped out and I could not restore function on without this manual. The trigger spring tang has to be locked into the notch in the second post on the trigger bar. That did it. Thanks
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Mdyer and thanx for sharing your fix.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

mdyer772 wrote:The trigger spring tang has to be locked into the notch in the second post on the trigger bar. That did it. Thanks
Slight problems or minor incorrect assembly/fix of the trigger spring, new or not, can cause problems. (Ask me how I know... :( ) You need to check it with a LIGHT to see in that darn little hole! A slight misalignment, bend, too short when cutting or missing the groove (as noted above) can drive you nuts.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke