Safety Catch being made.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
aikidoka42

Safety Catch being made.

Post by aikidoka42 »

Hey Folks,

I hope this post is in the right place. If not please let me know on where it should be placed. I am having my broken safety catch reverse engineered and produced. It's going to take about 4-5 weeks. If anyone is interested, they will run about $50. Please reply to give me an idea on how many to make. Thanks
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Safety Catch being made.

Post by dfunk »

aikidoka42 wrote:Hey Folks,

I hope this post is in the right place. If not please let me know on where it should be placed. I am having my broken safety catch reverse engineered and produced. It's going to take about 4-5 weeks. If anyone is interested, they will run about $50. Please reply to give me an idea on how many to make. Thanks
Definitely interested in seeing a prototype. I couldn't get them made for less than $100 per part.
bear34

Post by bear34 »

Do these break frequently?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

bear34 wrote:Do these break frequently?
No. Not frequently. But when they do break they are one of the hardest parts to find a replacement for. They turn up every once in a while for about $15+ for a used one. But when they do turn up it seems there are at least five more people after the sale asking if the part is still available.

I'd say $50 is still a bit steep as you can get the training P-64s for $60, then strip the safety and other parts out. But $50 is still pretty reasonable for a newly machined part. Especially if the maker is willing to guaranty the part for maybe a year past purchase?
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Weasel640 wrote:
bear34 wrote:Do these break frequently?
No. Not frequently. But when they do break they are one of the hardest parts to find a replacement for. They turn up every once in a while for about $15+ for a used one. But when they do turn up it seems there are at least five more people after the sale asking if the part is still available.

I'd say $50 is still a bit steep as you can get the training P-64s for $60, then strip the safety and other parts out. But $50 is still pretty reasonable for a newly machined part. Especially if the maker is willing to guaranty the part for maybe a year past purchase?
There's no reason the part couldn't be guaranteed longer. With the materials available today, superior parts can be machined, it's just the cost of setting up the tooling that makes it uneconomical. Again, I'd love to see a new-manufactured safety for $50. Complete P64's and training guns are finite in supply.
jreed1980

Post by jreed1980 »

I would like to purchase some of these safety catches...who do i need to talk to get the ball rolling on these? I need like 11 or 12 made.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

Any word on these?
EMS

Post by EMS »

Can anyone send me a photo of a safety catch for a P64 pistol? I will ask around if anyone in Poland would be interested in making them. Are there any other parts for the P64 that are hard to find?
prozak65

Post by prozak65 »

Anyone have any news on getting safety switches made yet?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

The OP never checked back in with an update that I know of.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

I would buy a couple myself as every time I get the opportunity to buy a replacement part for my 64 I get it because it and myself are planning a lifelong marriage. It will be on the nightstand or in my pocket when my bad habits finally send me home to my maker <G>.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

PS. Hey Gary I just noticed that it's going to take me a LOT of posts to catch up to you. It'll probably never happen but I'll keep trying. LOL
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Sounds good :)

I just PM'd the OP for an update let's see if he gets the message and gives us an update.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dalek

Post by dalek »

I too am quite interested in those safety catches. And still waiting on an update on the status of this project
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I sent the OP a PM on this but never received a reply. :(
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary