On the magazine finger rest

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
dalek

On the magazine finger rest

Post by dalek »

I think someone here said the finger rest in the P64 mag likes to imprint. If I bend over, that happens to me; could I be doing something wrong?

The proposed workaround was to trim/round the finger release off. Since I do not want to destroy original parts, is there another way?
lklawson

Re: On the magazine finger rest

Post by lklawson »

With enough work and mechanical skill, you could make a replacement.

You might be able to buy just the base somewhere and reshape it to your preference.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Move the weapon around your waste until it's comfortable. The best spot is about 5 o'clock on the right side of your body. That way when you bend, it pushes outwards instead of inwards. Other than having a holster custom made that's about the best you can do. The Uncle Mikes nylon holster has a flap that sticks straight upward and shields your body from the guns frame.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
dalek

Post by dalek »

I wear it on the 8 o'clock position. My main concern is not fit: short of it weighting my pants down (I really need a better belt), sometimes I do forget it is there. What concerns me is when I bend over: it just feels that it imprints.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Are we talking IWB or OWB holster?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dalek

Post by dalek »

IWB; they do not allow OWB here. :shock:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

You can't wear an OWB and cover it with a shirt, sweater or hoodie???

I use a IWB Remora @ the 5 o'clock postion and cant it forward.

It's all about the clothing you wear to cover it, too tight fitting or too short and you are going to have problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dalek

Post by dalek »

I do agree that what you wear makes a lot of difference. I am still trying to figure out what is the best without being too obvious: I am not ready to join the Hawaiian shirt club just yet.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I wore Hawaiian shirts before I got my CC. Always liked 'em.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Vunder

Post by Vunder »

I thought about rounding off the finger rest on one of my extra mags but the more I practiced drawing the more I realized it helps me grip the gun better on the way out of the holster.