Some Help Please....

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
280sx

Some Help Please....

Post by 280sx »

Hello. I am new to this Forum, and new to the P-64 as well. I bought the gun today on a Black Friday deal ($100 w/ one mag, no box, no holster, no ammo.) The gun fits in my hand well, (I have put on a rubber grip sleeve designed for the Smith and Wesson Sigma), and I love the look, and pointability of the gun.

Earlier today, I was demonstrating to a friend of mine that is interested in buying one of these guns, how it tears down, (trigger guard down, slide back and up), and had no problems stripping, and reassembling the weapon. I had repeated the process several times, (so as to familiarize myself with the process).

Later on, I determined that since I was bored, I may as well clean it. I cleaned the bore, and took a soft brush to the slide to knock out all of the cosmoline and what not in the slide. I tried to put the gun back together, and that's where the problems came into play. The slide WILL not go back on to the gun, all the way. I can get it locked onto the rail, and move it forward about a 1/4 inch, and then it stops. At that point, my option is either pull it all the back, or force the thing forward. I've since taken it apart again, and have tried everything I can think of to get the slide back onto the gun, and I am having no luck.

The springs are the factory springs. Nothing has been changed, altered, added, nor removed. Everything is as it was when it left the store. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm kind of bummed about it, because I was going to shoot it tomorrow morning. I suppose that will have to wait for another day.

Anyways, thank you for all of your help.

Semper Fi.
fully machined

Re: Some Help Please....

Post by fully machined »

Welcome, check to see if the small end of the recoil spring is on first. Also check that the trigger pin is in the "U" shaped notch in the frame.

Just when I think I am so smart ----I forget to remove the mag for dis. or get to looking around at my pistol and somehow a mag got installed and I'm left wondering why the slide will not go on!!!!!!!
280sx

Post by 280sx »

fully machined wrote:Welcome, check to see if the small end of the recoil spring is on first. Also check that the trigger pin is in the "U" shaped notch in the frame.

Just when I think I am so smart ----I forget to remove the mag for dis. or get to looking around at my pistol and somehow a mag got installed and I'm left wondering why the slide will not go on!!!!!!!
The recoil spring is on properly. I'm not sure where the trigger pin is in U notch on the frame? I apologize. I'm used to the Beretta M9/92FS, and 1911 family. This is something new to me.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, at $100 a piece I woulda bought 2 or 3 :).
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
280sx

Post by 280sx »

fully machined wrote:Welcome, check to see if the small end of the recoil spring is on first. Also check that the trigger pin is in the "U" shaped notch in the frame.

Never mind. I found a diagram on this site (which is an amazing site by the way), and located the part you were within reference to. The thing had somehow or the other managed to get itself upside down (?not sure how though?). Either or. Thank you VERY much for your help sir!

Semper Fi.
280sx

Post by 280sx »

Curly1 wrote:Welcome to the forum, at $100 a piece I woulda bought 2 or 3 :).
It was the last one there. It was like, 140ish, but after my military discount, I ended up leaving the store with the gun with $106 tied up into the investment. Best deal ever. I love this little gun.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Good news, give us a range report and some pics.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
280sx

Post by 280sx »

Will do. I'm gonna go shoot this thing either today, or tomorrow. (Saturday, or Sunday). 9x18 is so expensive down here though, (compartive reference, a box of RMC 9x18 ran me $21.00. A box of Federal .380 ran me $16.00, as did a box of Federal .38 Special, and a box of Winchester White Box 100 pack in 9mm ran me $22.00.)
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Have you checked into online pricing?

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9 ... Makarov%29
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

This stuff works good in my PA-63 ....... 1000 plus rounds and always go bang and eject ....... Groups well at 10yrds ....... http://www.classicfirearms.com/ammunition?caliber=62
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
280sx

Post by 280sx »

Sorry for the delay on the report back. The holiday season is hectic for me.

Anyways, I finally got her out to the range, and I am very pleased to report that my weapon was very easy to fire (I'm not sure why people are talking about the trigger pull. Mine in S/A seems about as light as my Smith and Wesson Model 360 in .357, and my D/A seems to be lighter than my S&W Sigma Series pistol, which I'm pretty sure is right around 12lbs or so), easy to point, and very reliable. The only thing I had an issue with was webbing of my hand being kind of sore after shooting about 200 round through the gun. There are no marks, so I know I wasn't 'bit', but, still. Overall though, I really like the gun, and I'm glad that I bought it.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

280sx wrote:The only thing I had an issue with was webbing of my hand being kind of sore after shooting about 200 round through the gun. There are no marks, so I know I wasn't 'bit', but, still.
That is from the recoil being transferred though such a narrow grip. I put the 22lb Wolff recoil spring on mine and it helps allot. Some people also say good/high grip sleeves help too.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I did 150 rounds with the 22lb recoil spring at one shooting and it was enough for me.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

"webbing of my hand being kind of sore after shooting about 200 round through the gun."

Reading that made my hand twitch. 200 is sure a pleanty in one day. Glad it worked out