Lost trigger guard pin and plunger, pre '72.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
GulfWarVet

Lost trigger guard pin and plunger, pre '72.

Post by GulfWarVet »

I lost the trigger guard pin (and plunger) at the range last week on my '68 p64 and got a replacement pin from my dealer, but it's too big for the holes in the frame. I'm not shure what it looks like but know that the pin/guard must have been changed around '72. I don't want to drill out the holes in the frame to make the pin fit although I have the guard to go with it. I was told to use a roll pin instead, but, I would rather use the correct pin/plunger for that mod. Anyone know where to get the correct (original) parts? :?:
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Lost trigger guard pin and plunger, pre '72.

Post by juniustaylor »

This is what a P-64 Trigger Guard pin is supposed to look like. To the best of my knowledge nothing was changed about the trigger guard and/or pin in '72. It was mostly related to trigger group and hammer stuff. I think it's supposed to be a tight fit. I tried removing my trigger guard one day and the pin didn't budge so before I ruined something I just gave up on it. :)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =261657964
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Well if yers fell out at the range then maybe it wasn't the correct pin to begin with.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I agree with Curly. I was having the same thoughts on the matter.
GulfWarVet

Post by GulfWarVet »

I saw the spare pin taken out of of a 'parts' frame, actually helped take it out, so if I had the wrong pin in there in mine in first place, any thoughts why this one won't fit into the frame or trigger guard even without the spring/plunger installed? I have the trigger guard from the 'donor' gun which has an oblong hole and the pin fits fine, actually kinda loose, but when I try to fit it to my guard which has a smaller rond hole, there's no way it will fit without drilling a larger hole in the frame and trigger guard. I mike'd the pin, the donor one is @ .117 in. Any input on a parts source for these?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Pin is $5 + shipping from a feller in Poland.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =259736275

Trigger guards are $40 + shipping.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =259733506