P-64 Extended Mag Release

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
MongooseDog

Re: P-64 Extended Mag Release

Post by MongooseDog »

These are neat. I will be passing this info on to my LGS. Are you to covered up with orders? I would love one of these.
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

MongooseDog wrote:These are neat. I will be passing this info on to my LGS. Are you to covered up with orders? I would love one of these.
I have been keeping up with orders ok. I am working on getting a short run of them finished so I can just send them by order instead of making them per order. PM me if you are interested in one.
espania1958

Post by espania1958 »

Are you still offering the extended mag release?
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

espania1958 wrote:Are you still offering the extended mag release?
Yup, I'm still making them. I'm a little slow at the moment, I've been on 50-60 hours weeks since the new year. Its cutting into my time to work on them, but I am get close to getting some finished.
RLT0110

Post by RLT0110 »

If you can pm me when you have anymore of the releases made, it would be greatly appreciated... :D i would love to pick one of these up from you Thanks
jamjammer53150

Post by jamjammer53150 »

I will be in for one as well , pm when ( do you give wisconsin discounts?)
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Yeah, a little longer baseplate would be nice. My hands are large and I have to wrap my little finger under the magazine, or risk getting "race tracks" on my hand from the slide!
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

Haha, at this moment there aren't any Wisconsin discounts. Unless you are willing to pick it up, then you don't have to pay for shipping.

As for the baseplate, I have been working on something for a couple months, but because of the continued overtime and trying to keep up with the release orders I haven't had much time to work on it yet. But I'm slowly getting closer so I will keep you all updated.

I would like to share this from a customer:

Matt, just wanted to tell you the releases work great. Would definitely recommend them to other P-64 owners. Tried to find your post on the forum, but couldn't. So wanted to leave this message there.
My installer had to do a little grinding on part but said it really is an easy install. Well worth the price & my thumbs thank you very much.
By the way, release has no impact on the fit of original holster. Please feel free to use this post for others to see. B. Charters
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

I'm just letting everyone know I have 10 releases ready to ship, no wait. If you are interested just PM me. If you have contacted me at an earlier time I have sent you a PM already. Thanks
jonbw

Post by jonbw »

Both arrived this Morning and look great. I will get them in over the week end.
Thanks Matt for your much needed product.
Jon
cathcapall

Post by cathcapall »

Got mine today. These are excellent in every way, and definitely increases the functionality of the weapon. My brother used to grimace at what he called my "Noisy Cricket". But with this, he and a few others have decided to get their own P-64s. Thank you Matt!

sincerely,
John
robchart

Post by robchart »

I have had my mag. ext's for a couple of months now. Great idea, looks good, functions perfectly, and a fair price. One less thing to curse at now. No problem in carrying. Highly recommend for all "P-64's".
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

Just pm'd you Duo_Z. Looks like a very nice mod for our great pistols.
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

I have sent a private message asking to order one of these magazine releases.
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

I installed mine today! It was already professionally blued when it arrived, and it looks great. After I installed it, I had to file a slight relief notch in the bottom rear of the factory grips in order to be able to pull the catch back far enough to let the magazine drop free, and now it functions as well as it looks. One hand magazine drops are now no problem. I am definitely pleased with this product. Thank you!