P-64 Extended Mag Release

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
wlockridge

Re: P-64 Extended Mag Release

Post by wlockridge »

I don't want anyone to misunderstand. The craftsmanship and the workmanship of the part is well above excellent. I just think, in certain situations, it can be a liability but then again, that's just one man's opinion and you know what they say about opinions <G>. I was a little bit harsh in my criticism, it must just have been one of my stupid days and I'm sorry about that. What I would like to see is that spur cut down about fifty percent, rounded, and knurled so that your thumb could grab it easily and yet it didn't stick out so far. I think that would save most of the unintended mag drops. Something to think about. Stay safe.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Bill, if you still have that extended mag release, give it to me and I'll put it to good use. :lol:
max16v

Post by max16v »

The factory spring is still fitted to mine, which there is still some effort needed to release the magazine though no unwanted action yet. If mag releasing becomes an issue a shortened spur would be a good idea.

It looks and performs flawless. Not broke; no fix.
Spamwurst

Post by Spamwurst »

I just received my very own extended mag release today, and I couldn't be happier.
The machining is excellent, no burrs or machining marks, and the bluing is deep and matches the gun.

Before, I could manage a one handed mag change with my pinky, but just barely. Now, it's a breeze to use my pinky to release the mag.

There is only one downside that I can see. It now takes just a bit more pressure to insert a mag, probably due to there simply being more surface area that the mag contacts. However, this appears tp have no effect on the mags dropping free.

Duo_Z said he'd send my mag release the day after he received payment and it might take a week to get it. It actually only took about 5 days from sending payment to having it in my hands.

9.5/10 (-0.5 for the extra pressure to insert mags), I would happily recommend this to a friend or purchase again if (when) I get another P64.
keith150

Post by keith150 »

That's a great idea I would love to get one but funds are soft at the moment but when I do have the extra ill most definitely be buying one
jcoats

Post by jcoats »

Do you still sell these mag releases? thx
magpouch*

Post by magpouch* »

Ya same question from me. I could use one.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

wlockridge wrote:What I would like to see is that spur cut down about fifty percent, rounded, and knurled so that your thumb could grab it easily and yet it didn't stick out so far. I think that would save most of the unintended mag drops. Something to think about. Stay safe.
Bill
Without having personally seen or tried this extended release, I can only go on my thoughts from looking at the picture. All I can think of is folks posting in other, different forums trying to figure why their IWB carried pistols dropped the magazine when an extended release (side-mounted) was installed. It hit their leg either in or right above the holster and loosened the mag. Not good. Quality or not (that's not really the issue here) if the release is more exposed I'd expect it to be more prone to accidental hits which could loosen/drop the mag - IMO. Again, just from what I've seen, the suggestion (above) makes sense. Shorten the release, round it and knurl it. IMO, that sounds like it might be a very good improvement on an already good idea.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
handsmahoney

Post by handsmahoney »

I made an account just to see if these are still being sold. I pick my P64 up =on the 15th - I've already ordered replacement springs, and I'm looking at new grips, but this looks like a real lifesaver
VinnyV

Post by VinnyV »

HI! I see this is an old post! But are you still making those mag releases? I realllyyyyy want one!
Snoop28645

Post by Snoop28645 »

If you are still making these please let me know, I would love to order one from you
Bergerboy

Post by Bergerboy »

I am interested as well.
Hoping you've been PM-ing these posted inquiries, as there are a lot of them!
Let me know the particulars on ordering.
Thanks!!
brucebwp1

Post by brucebwp1 »

How do I order one of your P64 extended release? I am very much interested.
fightinpikey

Post by fightinpikey »

I am interested as well. I sent Duo_z a pm a day or so ago.

If I hear back from him I will let everyone else know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
riverzman

Post by riverzman »

Are these still available and if so how do I get one