CZ-82 front sight

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
tman11787

CZ-82 front sight

Post by tman11787 »

I'm looking for suggestions on how to drift the front sight of a CZ-82. The one I'm working on is slightly off to one side. A wood punch and mallet have not been successful. Do I need a sight-puller or some such. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks...
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: CZ-82 front sight

Post by juniustaylor »

Adjust the rear sight to make up for the front sight being a bit off. I think they're pinned, I'd have to look at my CZ82, but I seem to remember a roll pin or something in there. You'd probably damage the front sight if you whack it, or make it loose or something.

EDIT:
I took a look at my CZ82 and the front sight is pinned. The rear sights are normally boogers to get moved over. I typically use a hard plastic punch with a good rubber mallet. If you're not worried about brass "marking" you can use a brass punch as it would be more firm. Have you shot the gun yet, and does it appear to be off? Typically they were set from the arsenal and should be relatively close. If it does not shoot POA and is left or right, then adjust the rear sight in the appropriate direction.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
tman11787

Post by tman11787 »

juniustaylor,

I feel silly for not noticing the pin before attempting the adjust. The front sight is canted off. Looking from above it doesn't sit on the centerline of the slide. I'll have time to work on your suggestions this w/e. Will update asap. Thanks again...
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

That is strange since the 82 sight slides in from the front.... is the sight bent or is the slot machine off center?
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Auto, I'm wondering if his slot just wasn't milled true to the centerline of the slide. If that's the case, there is no straightening it out other than just adjusting the rear sight to compensate for the front being off center.

tman, check to see if the actual slot for the front sight is milled correctly in the centerline of the slide. The front sight would drive straight in to the slide, and then the pin was put in place to keep it from coming out. I can't see the front sight being "bent".
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF