threaded barrel for pa63 or p64???????

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
bigdog84

threaded barrel for pa63 or p64???????

Post by bigdog84 »

i had a guy send me an email that had them in 380 and im kicking my self cuz i cant remember that website if anyone can please please help id b so grateful thank u very much
only god can judge me..................
Nutnspecial

Re: threaded barrel for pa63 or p64???????

Post by Nutnspecial »

I know this post is almost a year old....but you might give a call to these folks.

http://www.tornado-technologies.com/services.html
GeneCC

Post by GeneCC »

If you're thinking of attaching a licensed suppressor please consider the experience of the Russian PB suppressed pistol.

A blowback operated pistol like the Makarov or P-64 will not work well with a suppressor. The slide will open "too soon" with gas coming out of the ejection port, making a sound. Most suppressed handguns use either a 22 LR or some sort of locking mechanism whose timing can be changed to cope with more progressive pressure-time impulses.

The PB used a spiral groove in the chamber to retard the slide opening. To accommodate barrel ports (which reduce the peak gas impulse through the muzzle) the recoil spring was moved into the grips.

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=521

James Bond put a suppressor on his PPK. Maybe that works for a 25 ACP or 32 ACP but the 9x18mm is a serious round.

Gene
superc

Post by superc »

I see two solutions. A) flute the chamber with flutes at a 7 degree angle. B) Use a much stiffer recoil (and firing pin, mainspring). I like A as the mainspring is also the trigger spring and who wants a 40 pound trigger pull?