Part's for the P-64

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
19cohiba75

Part's for the P-64

Post by 19cohiba75 »

I called a company called Jack First Gun Shop and asked if they had parts and of course the nice lady told me no. So I asked her if they got a sample would they be able to make the parts for the gun and she said yes. I told her the main parts people need are the safety and firing pin. Now I do not have my P-64 yet but if someone else could send or even stop by there location it could make a lot of people happy. They are located in Rapid City , South Dakota (605)343-9544. It say's online that "They have 3 machinist on staff who specialize in making high quality , difficult to find , difficult to make gun parts. They are the largest producer of quality obsolete parts in the U.S."
http://www.jackfirstgun.com/index.php
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Part's for the P-64

Post by dfunk »

Did you find out anything about the cost involved? Is there a minimum?
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

No I did not get that deep into a conversation with her. But from what I get from the site, they probably will make a bunch and keep them stored away and when they get low on stock they make more. This is what they deal with hard to find , obsolete parts. I told her about the site and how a lot of people are looking for these hard to find parts.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Roger that. It's my experience in the gun world that difficult to find, difficult to manufacture, and high quality all pretty much equal expensive. If I have time this week, I'll give them a buzz and see what the damage would look like. Thanks for the lead!
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Everything I have read about this company is they are a pleasure to do work with. I hope they can help everyone out and if they do they will have a lot of people coming to them for parts !!!!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I just talked to one of the gals there and she said it would likely run $60 per part. They need a perfect sample to work from, and until they look at it, can't confirm whether or not they can even do the work. She also said that the parts aren't blued, but they can do it. In my opinion, it's not worth it...but I don't have a broken safety, either.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

I think if they make them people will buy them instead of having a 200 dollar paper weight on there desk. I think the price will be cheaper if they get a high volume of buyers. Just got to get someone to send the good part for them to see if they could copy it. I do not have a P-64 yet but will have one soon.
Cavemansteve

Post by Cavemansteve »

I found a firing pin today on gunbroker. I sent him an e-mail asking about a safety and he did respond that he might be getting some. I have bought things from him in the past (tokarev grips) and he's a fine seller. Things have been shipped direct from Poland, but usually quickly. For reasons I'm not sure of, he has 2 gunbroker accounts. I found the pin under CEREALKILLERUS and his other name is YAKOOZA. And yeah, I have a $200 paper weight.
waltham41

Post by waltham41 »

Just a guess, I had 2 ebay accounts when I sold and bought on ebay, one for selling one for buying. Kept things easier to keep track.... again, just a guess.
Cavemansteve

Post by Cavemansteve »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=825904

I found a safety with this seller from Poland. Might be worth keeping an eye on him to see if he has more.