Cracked Marschal Grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Gi14

Re: Cracked Marschal Grips

Post by Gi14 »

They look outstanding! I'm excited to try that beaver tail design.

I just sent you an email regarding your new cut/design for these P64 grips. I hope I can get them on the set of grips I just ordered last week. Really nice work!

Take care,
G.
brittonp

Post by brittonp »

Wow,
I love the look of the new beavertail! I can't wait to get my replacements in the mail, I'm excited to see how the beavertail looks on the gun it's self.
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

Replacements are shipping? :D
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

I came home today and found a package from Hungary waiting for me!!!! Dennis is the best. Amazing work as always. New grip is a bit meatier then the old one, but still gorgeous and should help prevent some of the bite I get from the Slide when shooting.
Attachments
Resize of IMG_1048.jpg
Resize of IMG_1045.jpg
Resize of IMG_1046.jpg
Gi14

Post by Gi14 »

I got mine a couple weeks ago, they look and feel great! Unfortunately, both grips had the beaver tail shatter off on the first shot I fired. I sent details and images to Marschal's a little more than a week ago, but no response yet.
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

Gi14 wrote:I got mine a couple weeks ago, they look and feel great! Unfortunately, both grips had the beaver tail shatter off on the first shot I fired. I sent details and images to Marschal's a little more than a week ago, but no response yet.

Not had a chance to use mine yet... weather and life have gotten in the way. Will have to make a range date soon though to test them out!

How many rounds did you fire btw?
Gi14

Post by Gi14 »

Sadly, just one round. Both grips broke and the sharp edges left behind were right in the web of my hand.
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

I noticed on mine that I had to dremel a bit off the inside of the grip where the hammer was hitting it when fully cocked. I wonder if that is what broke yours? Would have been right about at the base of the beavertail too.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Dennis,
I do like the new grips that you made for the P-64 pistols. Excellent,
Sgt P.
csp

Post by csp »

Marschal,

I Love the factory number engraving on the grip. Nice touch.
dmarschal
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dmarschal »

Greetings All! Sorry for the silence from my side.

I'm sorry for the broken grips -- again. They're about the sixth variant of the original p64 grips and still not good )-:

tiber1: Could you please explain (with pictures) where you had to dremel down the inside of grips? Please send the pics to my mail address. it's dmarschal at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Anyone willing to contact me please use 'cracked P64 grips' in their mail subject line.
I replace every set of cracked grips. This beavertail model seemed good but it needs more work.

Thank you in advance!
Dennis
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

dmarschal wrote:Greetings All! Sorry for the silence from my side.

I'm sorry for the broken grips -- again. They're about the sixth variant of the original p64 grips and still not good )-:

tiber1: Could you please explain (with pictures) where you had to dremel down the inside of grips? Please send the pics to my mail address. it's dmarschal at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Anyone willing to contact me please use 'cracked P64 grips' in their mail subject line.
I replace every set of cracked grips. This beavertail model seemed good but it needs more work.

Thank you in advance!
Dennis
Dennis, I an out of town, but as soon as I get home, I will send you the pictures. Was not much...

thanks
dmarschal
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dmarschal »

Thank you so much!

Fortunately I found a P64 pistol for sale here in Hungary. I bought it last week. Converting to gas-alarm takes three weeks so (hopefully) it will arrive in two weeks.

I keep you updated...

Dennis
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Its good to hear from you Dennis. I want to let you know that the grips that I have bought from you have been great.
dmarschal
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dmarschal »

blinddog: Thank you so much (-:

It was long time without updates. Sorry for the slow work flow. I expected orders drop in January to clear my back log on designing grips -- it did not happen.

I am working on the (final) beavertail models these days. Regular grips are fixed already. All models will have straight front edge and reworked insides to fit better.

Thank you for your patience!!!
Dennis