New custom grips for P-64

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
zenithman2003

New custom grips for P-64

Post by zenithman2003 »

Guys: I recently purchased a set of grips from these people for my CZ-82 and they were fantastic. Perfect fit and made from English Walnut, georgeous. I e-mailed them to ask if they would conside making them for the P-64 and this was his responce. Maybe if more of us ask him he would consider it.

http://www.grips4u.net/product_info.php?products_id=272

Hi Art,
you are a first customer asking for the grips for P-64. I will thing about it.
regards
Pete
grips4u

> Sales: Grips
>
> I received the CZ-82 grips and they are beautiful and fit perfectly.
> How about considering making grips for the P-64 that is so popular
> right now in C&R sections of so many on-line sources. There is even a
> web site dedicated to this little pistol.
> http://www.p64resource.com/
>
> I myself own two of these guns which are fine little 9X18's and the
> fact that they are so affordable at around 160.00 makes it that much
> easier to warrant a nice set of grips. Thanks

camekanix

Re: New custom grips for P-64

Post by camekanix »

Those look pretty good! How long did it take to get them?
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

camekanix wrote:Those look pretty good! How long did it take to get them?

About 5 days, and they are spectacular. Computer cut to very tight tolerances and the color is fatastic. If more of us ask him for P-64 grips maybe he will oblige.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Not really any cheaper than the Marschal grips but I guess if you get them in about a week instead of a few weeks then that would be a plus. I'll stick with my Zee plastic grips for now. The wood sure looks nice on a gun, but $50+ seems a bit crazy to me for wood. However, $43 with free shipping seems nice for some Beretta 92FS Walnut w/Medallion grips.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

The marshall grips are 60 dollars and in my opinion don't look as nice as these. The Zee grips are cheap but if I wanted plastic I would have left the old grips on the gun. They worked fine but I just don't like the feel of pastic grips. I'm sure if he made some P-64 grips they would not be any where near 50 or 60 dollars as they are pretty simple in their design. His 1911 grips are only 30 dollars.
jglass4763

Post by jglass4763 »

Those looks like the grips I just got of Gunbroker. they are sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

Yes they are from the same outfit, only your have finger grooves cut into them. They come both ways. The english walnut is georgeous and should be easy to take care of with a little oil occasionally. They definately make the CZ look a lot better. It sounds like you got a hell of a deal on yours. The grips for the TT are also great looking and I'm thinking of picking up a set for my sons Tokerov.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

The look like nice well-made grips for sure. It's crazy how the 2 different photos show different tones in the same species of wood, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

I think the draw towards Dennis' grips is that you can customize and tweak them to your needs regrading checkering, relief, and wood type. Looking around at this site indicates that to get a set of grips checkered the way I want in the species of wood that I want would cost me another $30 on top of the base price. Both outfits have the same $7 charge for shipping.

I don't know that the grips for the P64 are as straightforward as they may seem at first. I know for one gripmaker that used to make and sell them here, that there were major hurdles to get past because the 2 panels meet on the backstrap and testing had to be done to eliminate cracking and alignment.
jglass4763

Post by jglass4763 »

There was another set on Gunbroker for $19, but the right grip was cracked all the way down at the screw. If you were good with woo might be a cheap option.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

dfunk wrote:
I don't know that the grips for the P64 are as straightforward as they may seem at first. I know for one gripmaker that used to make and sell them here, that there were major hurdles to get past because the 2 panels meet on the backstrap and testing had to be done to eliminate cracking and alignment.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I don't get it - you quoted me but said nothing...is this a typo?
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

Yea for some weird reason it looks like the rest of the message did not appear. Anyway what I wanted to say was the back of these CZ-82 grips are a complicated series of small steps computer cut. I don't know how complicated the backs of the P64 ones are but it looks like these guys would have no trouble copying them. Id like to see what they would look like anyway. Art