Hello, and mod question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
robalan

Re: Hello, and mod question

Post by robalan »

I will have to give that some thought. Someone once told me youtube may not always be the best source. :lol:
Arik

Post by Arik »

I would LOVE to make my TT more "modern" looking. An ambi slide and mag release would e great too!
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Arik wrote:Anything man made is bound to fail! I love my Toyota I'll drive it till it falls apart than I'll duct tape it together and drive it some more and than I'll get another one.

IMO this whole thing blew out of proportion. Every other person is getting into an accident and just saying "well my Toyota accelerated on its own"

Ford still hasnt fixed their gas tank problem in the Crown Vics. All they did was add a thin rubber cover over the bolts. The car still explodes when rear ended at highway speeds.

Explorers tires used to explode and flip the SUVs.

In the early 90's Mercedes had a problem with their shifter. It could be engaged without the break pedal. Some people got hurt. Still Mercedes is chugging along making $100k cars.

On average an 8 year old Lexus is more reliable than a new BMW. Dont even get me started on WV/Audi and their problems
(I work in the auto industry)

That is a seriously cool looking CZ52. I wonder how he made the frame
I agree completely. The floormat was the problem. Since then it's all hysteria.
Little history reminder.
Audi was accused of sudden acceleration years ago. NOT ONE instance was ever proven.
In the mid 90's (I think) Chrysler was accused of having sudden acceleration issues. NOT ONE incident was proven.
Now we have Toyota. More BS driven by political motives and trial lawyer greed.

Back on topic. Think I saw someone else do that with their CZ 52, but nicer. Not sure I want to go to all the trouble since I have a Makarov and I'm used to the heel release.
robalan

Post by robalan »

I like the heel release too. It is easier to defend when in close contact and hard for the other person to operate. Even the idea it is in a place most guns do not have it makes it an advantage.
boomer

Post by boomer »

The bottom magazine release is very European and still very popular over there.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

So unless I'm attacked by a Euro that knows firearms, I should be safe in that regard.

:D
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Foo Bird wrote:So unless I'm attacked by a Euro that knows firearms, I should be safe in that regard.

Most absolutely!
boomer

Post by boomer »

Foo Bird wrote:So unless I'm attacked by a Euro that knows firearms, I should be safe in that regard.

Should be, now I don't know if Foo birds are from Europe now. You are on your own there. I do know the FUBAR bird is American though... :hi:

Welcome!
robalan

Post by robalan »

To be safe in case of being attached by someone smart, consider CC with a revolver such as a S&W 340 for main carry and use a Sig P232 or Polish P64 as a backup for more ammo.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

boomer wrote:

Should be, now I don't know if Foo birds are from Europe now. You are on your own there. I do know the FUBAR bird is American though... :hi:

Welcome!
I have met the FUBAR bird and did not like him one bit. Yet he keeps coming around. Thank you for the welcome.

Rob, I've never been a revolver guy. Nothing against them, but they just don't do it for me.
Arik

Post by Arik »

i've only had 2 revolvers. One was the S&W 626 in 44mag with a 6in barrel. Not very practical to carry. the other was the 1895 Russian Nagant revolver, 7 shot 7.62x38. Neat revolver but again not to practical to carry.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Some folks carry the Nagant revolver with .32 S&W Long or .32 H&R Mag. Not sure if you knew that Arik.
http://www.sff.net/people/sanders/nagant.html
Arik

Post by Arik »

juniustaylor

Thanks. I knew of them but never really got around to buying one. I believe at one point someone even made a 7.62x25 cylinders but I dont know how safe they would be in the Nagant. One guy at work carries a Nagant in 7.62x38. I ended up selling my as part of my effort to trim down on safe queens and consolidate calibers
robalan

Post by robalan »

Foo Bird wrote:
boomer wrote:

Welcome!
I have met the FUBAR bird and did not like him one bit. Yet he keeps coming around. Thank you for the welcome.

Rob, I've never been a revolver guy. Nothing against them, but they just don't do it for me.
I have not used a revolver for cc for some time. But they really are dependable and easy to operate. Those are a couple big pluses for some people. The autoloader have the flatter design which makes them very easy to conceal and of course they have that big starter load and easy reload. I normally carry two autoloaders, but as I write this I am thinking of digging out the revolver and putting it in use with an autoloader as backup again. Of course all that really matters is you have something and know how to use it. :D I find myself changing carry options all the time.