Hello, and mod question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
dovedescending

Hello, and mod question

Post by dovedescending »

Hey, new to the forum, don't own a p64 yet, but due to this site I am likely to in a few weeks.

I have no beef with heel mag catches, but I was curious... since the P64 is close in design to a Walther PPK, has anybody ever fitted a PPK mag release to a P64?
dovedescending

Re: Hello, and mod question

Post by dovedescending »

i was thinking of something like this? http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=19365.0
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

It's an awesome idea - I don't think it's been don't before to a P64.
You going to give it a go?
dovedescending

Post by dovedescending »

I just might.

:edit: and if I do, I'll post a bazillion pics.
boomer

Post by boomer »

How big is a Bazillion?
dovedescending

Post by dovedescending »

a bazillion is a fluctuating number calculated by multiplying the width of obama's ego (in centimeters) with the derivative of pelosi's bra size. it is changes constantly, but is usually larger than a million.
boomer

Post by boomer »

Oh, I thought it had something to do with the new Toyota Racing Team!
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Boomer,
You mean the :wink: Toyota neck whip-lash excelleration, can't stop, smash and burn team. I got into my brother's wifes Toyota and asked them for a crash helmet, an all over front-side-back air bag, fireproof suit plus a $1,000,000 life insurance policy so the Mrs could pay off all the bills. :mrgreen: Damn you should have seen her face! :shock: It was....priceless.
boomer

Post by boomer »

Yeah That's the one!....My Daughter just got a Lexus this year, my college dollars hard at work, and I refuse to ride in it. :evilgrin: I told her that I hate cheated death a few times in the past and didn't feel like I should push my luck any more!
robalan

Post by robalan »

I rather enjoy the new respect my Toyota Tacoma gets on the road. If cars move to the side as they see me coming that seems like a good thing to me. It sort of makes up for the time I ride my motorcycle. :D
boomer

Post by boomer »

I switch to Armour Pearcing Ammo in case one gets too close and I have to put it down... :shock:
robalan

Post by robalan »

boomer wrote:I switch to Armour Pearcing Ammo in case one gets too close and I have to put it down... :shock:

Thanks, I was looking for a reason to buy another gun. :D When you get the chance post that armour pearcing reloading information. :wink:
boomer

Post by boomer »

Arik

Post by Arik »

Anything man made is bound to fail! I love my Toyota I'll drive it till it falls apart than I'll duct tape it together and drive it some more and than I'll get another one.

IMO this whole thing blew out of proportion. Every other person is getting into an accident and just saying "well my Toyota accelerated on its own"

Ford still hasnt fixed their gas tank problem in the Crown Vics. All they did was add a thin rubber cover over the bolts. The car still explodes when rear ended at highway speeds.

Explorers tires used to explode and flip the SUVs.

In the early 90's Mercedes had a problem with their shifter. It could be engaged without the break pedal. Some people got hurt. Still Mercedes is chugging along making $100k cars.

On average an 8 year old Lexus is more reliable than a new BMW. Dont even get me started on WV/Audi and their problems
(I work in the auto industry)

That is a seriously cool looking CZ52. I wonder how he made the frame
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

On the CZ-52, I believe he said he used some sort of epoxy and stuff. I kind of thought it looked like Play-Dough... :roll: The mag release is kind of a neat accessory but it looks rather tiny. To drill the hole in a P-64 frame, it'd be best to utilize a good drill press or a mill. You'll have to drill right where the ledge is from the grip frame and the trigger area meet and it has that slope. I'd put the button directly in front of the grips such that the top of the mag release button is at the top of the grips. The top of the button would be directly below the slide so that it would not interfere with movement. I'd think if you follow the basic idea of the writer of the article then it should turn out well. I think if there was a way to make it like a 1911 safety so it could be removable then that would be a good way, but that would involve more machining.