Any comments on Blue Wonder?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
jebib3

Post by jebib3 »

The slide of my p-64 is very dull in appearance. I youtubed to bluing to see if there were any dummies approaches I might be able to handle. I came across a 10 minute video by Blue Wonder that seemed like something with-in my skill set. Anybody ever use it either as a cleaner or for bluing? I'd sure be interested in hearing your spin on the subject. thanks!
kurremkarm

Post by kurremkarm »

I am also looking to use some sort of touch up. Where the top of my grips meet my frame was sharp and was tearing a hole in my thumb after about 50 rounds. So i sanded them down and used some crocus paper on them. Problem solved but now i have a small spot without blueing.

Need something quick and easy to keep the thing from rusting. Other than oil of course.
tbone

Post by tbone »

I really like Blue Wonder - it is an excellent cleaner and rust remover, and it will not harm the existing finish. I've used it to prep metal for light cold bluing many times. I usually do a final prep by wiping the area with methyl (NOT isopropyl) alcohol as a final degreaser before bluing the metal.

I can not stress enough to NOT use isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, as it contains water and you can watch the metal rust again before your eyes!

Also, if you are removing light rust with Blue Wonder, apply a coat of oil to the area immediately following the use of Blue Wonder as the metal will be bare and unprotected.

The only thing I don't like about Blue Wonder is that I can't find it locally, I'm near the end of my last tube, and I don't know where to reorder it online.......

Hope this helps!
jebib3

Post by jebib3 »

tbone: you can purchase it online at Cabela's.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

You can use the 95 percent Isopropyl. Be warned, a static spark WILL ignite it. We used it to clean and remove residue from electronic circuit cards. I witnessed a sailor cleaning with it and soft cloth set his hands on fire. We wondered what all the fuss was about, we couldn't see the flame, it burns almost clear.
7point62fmj

Post by 7point62fmj »

p64

Post by p64 »

Another Blue Wonder user here, it's a great cleaner.