Spring mod question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
redleggers

Spring mod question

Post by redleggers »

I bought the P64 a few years back. I rarely fire it because of the extremely heavy trigger. I would like this to be a much more easily to use weapon.

My question is... are all I have to do is replace the hammer spring? Or is there another spring I must replace also.

Thanks for the help.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Spring mod question

Post by normsutton »

redleggers

HAMMER SPRING
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
riceinwa

Spring mod question

Post by riceinwa »

Changed the hammer spring today from stock to a 16# spring. Shot two mags of Fiocchi round ball FMJ...shot great! The DA trigger is still pretty stout, but the SA is very light...my have to go to the 18# spring.

Noticed there seems to be a drag on the port side of the trigger, in fact, the trigger is getting shiny there...somethings not aligned quite right...Any ideas?

Besides the hammer spring, are there others that can be replaced to make the action a bit easier to operate? Has anyone worked the action of their gun to really ake it smooth?
Riceinwa
NRA Benefactor Member
bob

Spring mod question

Post by bob »

Don't be so quick to change spring.I was converted back to the original one.When I first got mine I only tried the trigger a few times an figured no way is this one gonna smooth out.I could hardly get it to break and went to th 18lbs hammer but I was never comfortable with sa.The sa is light enough with the orig spring.So I put the original back in and was stunned at how easier it got.Still a little stiff and not as lite as the 18 but manageable now and I am more comfy with the sa.I still don't know how it smoothed out that much.Never seen such an extreme compared to other guns I have broken in.Good luck.