Polishing the feed ramp

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
shinerjohn

Polishing the feed ramp

Post by shinerjohn »

I've only been into semi-auto pistols for about 9 months. I've learned a lot but still have lots to learn. So I need a thorough explanation.
My P64 feeds Brown/Silver Bear FMJ perfectly. Silver Bear JHP doesn't feed consistently. My FEG PA-63 handles FMJ and Silver Bear JHP just fine, but won't feed Hornady JHP/XTP because the hollow point mouth is wider than the Silver Bear. So now I have two milsurp pistols that would probably benefit from polishing the feed ramp.
The problem: I don't know how to polish the feed ramp! I absolutely do not want to screw up my babies!
Would one or more of you skilled, seasoned experts explain how to polish the feed ramp? Thanks in advance...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Polishing the feed ramp

Post by normsutton »

Last edited by normsutton on January 1st, 2009, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
shinerjohn

Polishing the feed ramp

Post by shinerjohn »

Awesome, NORM! Excellent info! I'll study it in more detail later today.
Appreciate ya, man!
james832

Polishing the feed ramp

Post by james832 »

I was at a pawn shop and in a box I found a foot operated speed control for a sewing machine for a dollar. I use it on my dremil, works great.
trace

Polishing the feed ramp

Post by trace »

Polish and ammo, whatever works, scotch bright and carb cleaner? Every auto seams to have it's favorite ammo.