Experiment

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Experiment

Post by himmel »

I just tried an experiment on my Zastava, Christian bought some Rustoleum "Hammered Finish" spray paint to put on his new wheel rims (he is fixing up an 88 Camaro he bought) and it looked pretty stout to me, I repainted my beat-up Mag Lite with it and it looked pretty good--so I painted the side panels on the slide of the Zastava with it. Hid all the scratches, looks OK, I think it will be durable. Anybody have any relevant experience they could enlighten me with? Did i do something screwy?
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Experiment

Post by blinddog »

himmel, send pics. Sounds like it might work out pretty good, especialy if you like it.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Experiment

Post by dolang1 »

Himmel has posted pictures for me so I know he knows how. Why would he tease us like that without sending pictures? Later Don
pshootr

Experiment

Post by pshootr »

Discussion of Rustoleum Hammered Finish on firearms.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f36/rustole ... nish-7458/
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Experiment

Post by normsutton »

RB

I used it on my lubsizer when I rebuilt it I also used it on a car master cylinder that I rebuilt looks nice

it should better than some of the CZ paint that I have seen and if doesn't hold up you can always strip it off

need to see some pix

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Experiment

Post by himmel »

OK guys--I'll have to get Christian or Stephen to take some pics for me--been so long since I posted any I will have to get back up to speed. (I'm embarrassed, tho, I didn't think to take any "before" pics...)