Sight question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
neoshooter

Sight question

Post by neoshooter »

Yes, I tried the Glow powder. Mixed it with some clear nail polish and applied it with a toothpick. I works OK, and the sights light up nicely -- after being charged in light. That's the problem: if you draw from a holster in the dark, you may as well have the stock sights without enhancement. I think I'll try the Testor's white or white nail polish and see if I like it more.
tokarev22

Sight question

Post by tokarev22 »

One person mentioned the paint pens. I have used these on other guns. Testors makes paint pens also but you can find them in just about any art section in a larger store.
rigger7

Sight question

Post by rigger7 »

what about installinmg a xs big dot?
Sgt P

Sight question

Post by Sgt P »

Rigger 7,
An XS night sight front sight would be great on the front of the P-64, but I do not think there is enough meat ( metal ) there to dovetail out a slot. I was thinking of the MMP micro front sight. But can't find their website and wonder if they went out of business. I had a set of their fine micro sights on my Colt Government .380 government pistol. Sgt P.
rigger7

Sight question

Post by rigger7 »

I don't think the Big dot requires a dovetail but you will have to drill a hole in the slide to accomodate the sight unless there is already a hole there.
Sgt P

Sight question

Post by Sgt P »

Rigger7, as the front sight on the P-64 is machined into the top rib of the slide, you'd have to machine it off then drill a slot or hole for the big dot front sight. Would be difficult as the front sight would have to be low enough to align with the rear dovetail sight. Sgt P.