extended floor plate for magazine

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
student1946

Post by student1946 »

Does anyone make an extended floor plate for the magazine? the floor plate just slides on and if it were extended downward without the finger hook,people could get their little fingers around the grip comfortably.Might use a standard floor plate for carry, but I believe this would make the pistol easier to shoot.I used to have a Detonics 45 which had a grip so short i could only grab it with two fingers and it beat hell out of the web of my hand until i put a longer mag with a sleeve in it to practice with.I have sanded off the finger hook on one of my magazines, But i believe extending the floor plate depth would help even more.Anyone tried this?
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

Not to my knowledge they don't.
destrux

Post by destrux »

If someone were to make an extended floorplate it wouldn't be a bad idea to design it as a +1 mag extender. Even going as far as designing a whole new mag with a 7 or 8 rd capacity wouldn't be a bad idea. Keltec offers both of those accessories for most of their pistols and they are very popular add-ons. I have a 10rd extended mag for my P32 (standard capacity is 7) and it really changes the handling of the gun. I might look at making a +1 floorplate myself out of aluminum. Won't have my mill in a spot that it can be used for a few months though.