Grip advice...

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
lcberlin

Grip advice...

Post by lcberlin »

Hey, barnett3006, I am all for this project!! How about this link...

http://www.plastidip.com/diy_where_to_buy.php

The Plasti Dip sounds like the stuff you are talking about, and I think it could be used over a set of original grips. I might just have to go to Harbor Freight today, darn the bad luck ;D
redfestiva

Grip advice...

Post by redfestiva »

I remember a long time ago a few posts from member "saands" that he was experimenting with the plasticote or similar rubberizing product on a P-64 grip. I can't remember what the final verdic was on his success. Maybe he'll read this and chime in. It's a great idea to make rubber grips for these pistols.
I can't help but think of when I was a kid. Remember "creepy crawlers"? You poured the liquid solution into a metal mold, heat it on a hot plate like device for a minute or two, let it cool and out come a rubber bug. Hmmm Anyone remember that?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Grip advice...

Post by trent »

heck that was from my childhood as well (born in the 80's) so I guess it re-emerges every other decade or something
weetabix

Grip advice...

Post by weetabix »

barnett - did you use the plaster of paris to make the molds? Very cool.

Keep us apprised.
barnett3006

Grip advice...

Post by barnett3006 »

I used the plaster of paris to make the molds. I am preparing a set of sacrificial Zee grips :'( to make a set of improved molds.

(Dont worry guys, the Zee grips I am using cracked :'( I fixed the crack but decided to go back the the original grips)
barnett3006

Grip advice...

Post by barnett3006 »

I found some Plasti-Dip at Ace Hardware today and I am getting ready to make an improved mold set.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Grip advice...

Post by trent »

as I've come to find out, when in doubt go to ace hardware.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Grip advice...

Post by anjdrifter »

as I've come to find out, when in doubt go to ace hardware.
while you there hope you picked up some nut and screws for gripss that is where I find em when I need em..
protector

Grip advice...

Post by protector »

Mine breaks at the same spot that everyone else's has. Not possible (cursed)if it happens to more than one,lol.Dennis is a great guy,like I stated before, but to all that bought his grips,if you can hold the slide in your hand and the grips twist forward and backward with arm strength.imagine whats happening under recoil.Their going to eventually break. The grips are'nt fitting tight enough in the frame to prevent the movement,IMHO! If he can correct this design flaw,there is no doubt that they will hold up to the recoil of these little bulldogs,until then, its the factory grips for me,not worth the risk to lose a eye. :)
Last edited by protector on December 18th, 2007, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...