New Dennis grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

Here are the new grips I got this weekend from Dennis. I think he does great work. I'm currently getting my '73 P-64 slide done in stainless with black frame and barrel. So many grips to choose from. :) :)

stibnite

New Dennis grips

Post by stibnite »

Nice!

Is Dennis shipping the grips in 2 pieces now?

Did you blue the grip screw/nut yourself, if so how?

stib
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

Yep, there are two posts with matching holes on the other side so the grips just fit real snug and the post make the fit super sturdy. Mine just about fell into place when I put them on. I definitely would tell anyone who was looking for grips to look and see what Dennis has to offer.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

Oh , on the screw and washer type bushings in the grips, all I used was a black sign marker, it is a little less prone to wear like a magic marker.
slackone

New Dennis grips

Post by slackone »

Which wood and finish is that ? Looks slick.

And how are you liking the Gunkote on that critter?
9x18shooter

New Dennis grips

Post by 9x18shooter »

Wow! :-/ Dennis' grips keep looking better and better. I have the original design and thought they were a little bulky for carry so they are on one of the safe queens. I may have to break down and get another set.

Are they thinner than the original design?
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

The wood is wattle ( black locust) with a red stain and varnish. I really like the duracoat on these guns. I have one more I am having done, gonna have a stainless slide with a black frame and barrel. Haven't figured out which grips to get. Guess I'll wait to get the slide back)frame has already been done) before I decide which type of wood to get. Oh yeah. the safety will stay black along with the hammer.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

Sorry 9x18 I didn't mean to skip you. I don't know how thick the others were but I have relatively small hands and these fit just right.:)
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New Dennis grips

Post by bzinggg »

3. wattle - any of various Australasian trees yielding slender poles suitable for wattle
acacia - any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia
Acacia auriculiformis, black wattle - Australian tree that yields tanning materials
Acacia cambegei, gidgee, stinking wattle - scrubby Australian acacia having extremely foul-smelling blossoms
Acacia dealbata, mimosa, silver wattle - evergreen Australasian tree having white or silvery bark and young leaves and yellow flowers
Acacia pycnantha, golden wattle - shrubby Australian tree having clusters of fragrant golden yellow flowers; widely cultivated as an ornamental
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

Wow bzinggg. that is a bun ch of information to sink in all at one time. I did not know it came in so many varities or from so many palces. Thanks for all the info!!
stibnite

New Dennis grips

Post by stibnite »

... all I used was a black sign marker, it is a little less prone to wear like a magic marker.
I'm not familiar with what a black sign marker is...??? Is that just a generic term for like, a black permanent marker? A Sharpie?
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

No, it is specificaly made to mark signs. Does'nt wear as easily. Got mine at Lowes for about 2 bucks or so.
fritzhund

New Dennis grips

Post by fritzhund »

Have you fired this gun much after the Duracoat was applied? I was wondering if any slide, trigger, or hammer wear occurs with the coating. Also which color did you use? It looks like a black matte but I looked at their site and they have a large selection of colors.

I just won on auction my second P-64 and I am not really happy with the finish. It was advertised as "new old stock" but it is most certainly not. It has been carried and fired quite a bit and if I keep it I was thinking about doing the Duracoat too.

Thanks, Mark
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Dennis grips

Post by blinddog »

My guns that I had done were parkerised first then dura coated. It wears great... it some tuff stuff. I have shot a coupla hundred rounds through my first one and I can't see any wear any where. Have it done you wont be sorrt. I like the matte finish, but its up to the individual.