new screws for grip

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
steelblade

new screws for grip

Post by steelblade »

for about 1.50 I was able to get a package of 4-40x1 machine screws to replace my missing grip screw. It was the closest I could find since they didn't carry the M3 mentioned in the other thread. I DID have to grind down about 1/16 inch to get it to not stick out, but for a buck/50 and I have 7 more sets left, I think it was a worthwhile trade.

I didn't worry about blueing since this one came with pachmyer (sic) grips that really improve the handling. I'll see if I can't get a picture online in the reasonably near future.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

new screws for grip

Post by papabear »

steelblade,

First of all, welcome aboard, glad to have ya here, and hey, pic's would be nice showing the Pachmyer girps, thanks for sharing.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on May 9th, 2007, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

new screws for grip

Post by brigade »

He must be talking about the rubber slip on grips that slide over your existing grips...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

new screws for grip

Post by papabear »

He must be talking about the rubber slip on grips that slide over your existing grips...
TTH,

Your probably right, I just like pics of things....... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
benriquez

new screws for grip

Post by benriquez »

me too
steelblade

new screws for grip

Post by steelblade »

Yep, rubber slip ons. Simple enough thing, but it works quite well. I didn't try shooting it without em, but it got me a real good group with some wolf hollow points at the range. better than what my ruger gave, and i have experience with that one. I think that the solid barrel, as opposed to the floating barrel in my p-95 makes a serious diff in the accuracy.

Sorry about the delay in pictures, I'm am about to move and it'll have to be next week at best.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

new screws for grip

Post by himmel »

That biz about the attached barrel vs the locked-breech kind--has anyone else had experience with that? I would think the frame-mounted barrel would be more accurate, but it seems like all the high-dollar /high quality pieces go with the locked-breech design, and the ol' 1911 is renowned for its accuracy isn't it?
pshootr

new screws for grip

Post by pshootr »

Keep in mind that on a semi-auto pistol the sights are not attached directly to the barrel or to the frame as on a rifle or a revolver. They are normally attached to the movable frame while the barrel is either fixed (blow-back operation) or movable (locked breech type of pistol). A fixed barrel pistol SHOULD have an advantage when it comes to accuracy, but unless it is a long barreled target pistol the sight radius on most fixed barrel, blow-back operated pistols is so short that it is difficult to prove the accuracy potential of the gun.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

new screws for grip

Post by bzinggg »

The sights are normally attached to the slide, not the frame. The barrel is fixed to the frame. No matter how short the radius, the sights on my stock P-64s are reliably consistent, shot to shot, and the frame-fixed barrel enables excellent accuracy out to the limitations of the round.

truth

new screws for grip

Post by truth »

That sure is a pretty target...
tmann11

new screws for grip

Post by tmann11 »

I thought that the P-64 wasn't meant to shoot ammo larger than 94gr??? Nice group.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

new screws for grip

Post by bzinggg »

It's good advice not to shoot anything over 95 grains in your P-64. The 94gr Silver Bear HP will perform well at 12 yards or even 25 yards for lethal personal protection duty.