Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
sedaak

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by sedaak »

Anyone ever see or hear of a P-64 like this? I think its fun to use silencers at a range and am thinking of getting my P-64 threaded.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by carguy »

By now everyone should remember that I'm from Massachusetts where the King and all the Ladies and Lords of the State House don't allow us to play with many things that go bang and especially not with things that make things that go bang not make the BANG!

So needless to say I was floored when I was reading somewhere that silencers / supressors are legal in many states!!!

I think this is the coolest thing! I was looking on a rinfire website and saw a half dozen pistols with silencers on them (assumed they were fake) now maybe not!!
Last edited by carguy on May 3rd, 2007, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by normsutton »

carguy

Its a federal law that silencer's are illegal the 1968 gun act label them as a disjunctive device you have to have a class 3 FFL to even own one and pay a 200 dollar tax stamp on it might be more now. I used to have a book that had all the devices that were covered by the 1968 gun act and silencers were one of them unless the law has changed but I don't think so

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
2001flhr

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by 2001flhr »

Pardon the pun, but isn't the question a deafening whisper for "who's paying attention"? As Norm stated, only Class 3's can get'em or have'em right!? Is this test or is big brother lookin' in?

Mind you manners......
Last edited by 2001flhr on May 4th, 2007, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gixxersixxer

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by gixxersixxer »

It's not only C-3 dealers who can get suppressors. It's anyone who's 21 and found legal to be able to own one so long as the state law allows for it. If you can pass the background to buy a handgun you can buy a suppressor if they are legal in your state.

Suppressors aren't a "disjunctive" device they are a Destructive Device (DD). So are rifles larger than .50 cal. The 1986 ban made it illegal to sell any newly manufactured machine guns to civilians. Pre-'86 machine guns are still legal to own and sell but they command a premium because the law created a limited supply. Newly made machine guns can only be sold to the government and LEO. The '86 ban also banned certain import rifles without the proper number of US made parts, that's why the Sig 556 was so pricey until Sig decided to start making them with the proper number of US made parts. This is why new Steyr Aug's are still banned, Steyr doesn't make the rifle with proper number of US parts (though there is rumor they are up to something to bring back the Aug).

I have a Tac-65 for my P22. Here's how I got mine:

I went to a C-3 dealer and paid for the suppressor.

I left with 2 ATF Form 4's and 1 US Citizen statement form. I didn't leave with the suppressor it, was held until my papers were approved.

I had to get 2 passport photo's and 2 fingerprints done. Then I had to have the county Sheriff sign off the papers.

I mailed in all my papers to the ATF with a check for $200 and waited 3 months.

The ATF mailed my stamped approved Form-4 to my C-3 dealer. I then went and picked up my suppressor and approved Form 4.

I keep a photo-copy of my Form 4 with the suppressor at all times.

The C-3 dealer just does the transfer. He's able to buy the suppressor from the manufacturer then sells it to someone without having to pay a $200 tax. He pays a fee upfront each year to keep his C-3 status, something like $5-10K IIRC.

Suppressors are easy to get, if you have a concealed carry permit, a house, entered a sweepstake, bought something online, and have ever filled out the census form the .gov already knows your thoughts. There's no need to be scared of buying a suppressor. The gov can't search you house whenever they want if you apply for a suppressor, they still need a warrant. You lose no rights by owning a suppressor!

As for the original question. I've never seen a suppressed P-64. I've seen suppressed Maks and they run great due to the fixed barrel design. No recoil booster necessary like a lot the Browning tilt barrels need.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by carguy »

Okay back to the original question...real or fake, it sure would look cool! 8~)
saands

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by saands »

Gixxersixxer:

Welcome to the forum! Class 3 merchandise is quite often misunderstood and you saved me the time to reply (and did a better job than I would have). Thanks!
Saands
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by normsutton »

gixxersixxer

WELCOME
thanks for correcting my spelling
and info on CLASS 3 transactions

more on the

The Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618

http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gixxersixxer

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by gixxersixxer »

Glad I could help. Suppressors are a lot of fun to shoot with. New shooters benefit greatly because the noise is reduced and doesn't startle them as much. The weight also helps tame some of the recoil. A lot of people seem to have heard a rumor that owning a suppressor means that the ATF can come into your house without a warrant at 0200 and make a mess. That's not the case. If anyone is interested in owning a suppressor there is whole section at ar15.com that deals with what needs to be done and what the laws are.

Depending on the state you can also have Short barreled rifles, Short barreled shotguns, machine guns, as well as suppressors.

If the Chief LEO of you area won't sign your papers then your plans aren't dead in the water either. You can form a corporation (LLC, I-corp, S-corp) and have the corp hold the item. Another route is to form a revocable living trust and have the trust hold the item. With both those options you can also have multiple people own the item (like a family).

If you do an individual transfer then the approved individual must be in possession of the item, you can't loan it to someone. If you have a corp or trust then anyone listed as an officer in the corp of beneficiary in the trust can own the suppressor. So your son could borrow the suppressor and go rabbit hunting without you having to go along if the suppressor were held in a trust or corp. If the suppressor were transfered to you as an individual he couldn't borrow the item without you being present.
2001flhr

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by 2001flhr »

gixxersixxer

I stand corrected! That's the great thing about this site information abounds from all.

Enlightened,
Dutch
sedaak

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by sedaak »

yeah... so basically you guys havent heard of anyone threading a p-64, haha.... ok

i will ask a gunsmith, i know a guy who really specializes in p-64, CZ, and that type

i know that its legal in OH, i just have to go through a waiting period

my friend has a silencer for his AK47.... its insane
bartos061

Threaded Barrel/Silencer

Post by bartos061 »

Here is a picture of genuine special holster and silencer for the P64 and PM63 RAK sub machine gun. That was only a prototype. This project called "Safloryt".
In fact I don't know what it mean but i thing that it is was a name of some kind of stone or metal.
I haven't seen P64 with attached silencer even in picture. This is a only one picture I saw.

bartos

picture was taken from "Strzał" magazine
Last edited by bartos061 on May 10th, 2007, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.