Wood grips durable???

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK, I've got to have a set of those checkered Red Wattle grips without the thumb rest! How does Pay-pal work and ware do I sign up. .......................G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Wood grips durable???

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
magicdoc

Wood grips durable???

Post by magicdoc »

I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers - not my intention. I bought a set of wood grips from someone on this board who will remain nameless. I mounted them on a new CZAK that I had just gotten and went to the range yesterday for a try out. On the third shot, the left side of the grip (safety side) broke into three pieces and cut the hell out of two of my fingers. Luckily, I avoided stitches - barely! Please be advised that the sharp recoil + thin wood can be a bad marriage.
Last edited by magicdoc on February 26th, 2007, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by nbender »

I hope that you work it out with the seller and can report back a positive resolution.
truth

Wood grips durable???

Post by truth »

Magicdoc, don't let it remain nameless... The same thing happened to me, only it was the back strap, cut the hell out of me. Let others know before they drop 40 to 50 bucks on them.

The truth is an offense but never a sin....
As a child you were punished for not telling the truth, But as an adult, you find out how much one has to lie...To keep your job, wife, and friends. Few people can you really tell how you truly feel about most things.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by nbender »

You consistently confuse "truth" with good business ethics. No way to explain that to you.

And it's a shame that you need to lie to your wife, boss, and friends; I don't, but this isn't Dr. Phil so why add that?
saands

Wood grips durable???

Post by saands »

People are getting hurt and not saying how they did it to save someone else the loss in sales?

Well ... I don't care about the $$$ under the bridge, but I don't want to be responsible for a friend getting cut up 'cuz he/she wanted to go shooting with me. Are there more than one type of wood grips with problems?

Get real!

Saands
magicdoc

Wood grips durable???

Post by magicdoc »

With all due respect to Saands (whose expertise I admire) I did say something! I said how it happened as well. The thing just shattered. I am sure it was due to some defect, these things happen. I haven't heard another mention of similar problems till now. I have been in touch with the maker of the grips, who has agreed to make it right. Why should I risk ruining this persons rep over what might be a one time thing?
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by nbender »

To Saands, whose opinions here I always respect - there are so many who buy a product, have a problem, and go instantly flaming the seller on the internet. I agree that this sort of defect needs to go public. But I'd like to at least give the buyer/seller a chance to work out it first so we know the whole story.
truth

Wood grips durable???

Post by truth »

saands, It happened when I pulled the trigger...Black Walnut was the wood.

Nbender, What Business?? A few guys making a few grips for a few P-64s?
And I am sure you don't go out in this world and tell everyone you come in contact with
exactly how you feel....Look how worked up you guys get at a few post you don't like!
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wood grips durable???

Post by himmel »

Well, Chris here.

Thanks Magicdoc for stickin' up for me. I think it would be the right thing for me to do to take full responsibility for Magicdoc's and Truth's grips breaking while in action. I try to do my best to select strong, crack free wood, but you can't see hairline cracks that are sometimes in wood. As Magicdoc said, this is not a often occuring happening. I have made over 50 grips for p-64s and have only had three sets break. Again, Magicdoc, thanks so much for trying to protect my business!!!!
-Chris-
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by beasleydano »

Oh, my Lord, I should have practiced law instead of going into government service. I could have specialized in firearms-related consumer tort actions against individuals and companies for various and sundry sufferings. If business became slow I could go to the gun range and seek out .44 magnum shooters who suffered various recoil-related afflictions which could be directly related to the misfeasance and/or malfeasance of the gun manufacturer or better yet the negligence of the grip maker in not publishing a disclaimer as to the possibility of blisters arising from continuous use of their product. I would always settle out of court, of course, because the manufacturers'/makers' attorneys would advise it since the ordinary, reasonable, prudent man should have every expectation that he should be able to experience a hearty magnum range session without receiving a blister. Any cases that would not settle would be litigated, of course, and I would request the assistance of the ACLU, who would be happy to assist with a team of attorneys on a pro bono basis, working with the ultimate goal in mind of disarming the public on the basis of abating common safety issues. BTW, doesn't a grip maker have to submit paperwork for you to sign to attest to the fact that you have a thorough understanding of your rights regarding harm from wood products? Did the grip maker properly cure, harden and seal the wood and provide you with the appropriate shooting glove and/or eye protection advisory? And you cops out there, don't you think OSHA needs to get in here somewhere?
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wood grips durable???

Post by himmel »

OK, Himmel here--I don't like to see anyone making light of magicdoc's situation, it scared the--well, it scared me. magicdoc has a legit situation, he's handling it very gracefully, and Christian is going to make it right with him per his stated preference.
magicdoc

Wood grips durable???

Post by magicdoc »

yo Beasleydano,
what the hell was that about? I was just trying to prevent someone else from getting hurt. I am not sueing anybody, Chris has agreed to make things right and that is cool with me. In fact, I didn't even name him - he outed himself.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by beasleydano »

Semper fi, magicdoc! I have no beef with you. My little tirade was not directed at you. I was comfortable with the original post and your honest reply. I am sometimes irritated when a thread starts out with positive intentions and a troll appears to try and turn it negative. Sometimes my wierd sense of humor takes over. A defensive reaction, I suppose.