Walter recoil spring?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
rjsixgun

Walter recoil spring?

Post by rjsixgun »

Does anyone know if a Watler recoil spring will work in the P-64??
b52stan

Walter recoil spring?

Post by b52stan »

No, it won't. Only one used, so far that I know of, is the modified HK 25#.
Most guys have left the recoil spring alone, just making sure the small end goes on the barrel first.
You might want to check yours.
Last edited by b52stan on October 16th, 2006, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115grfmj

Walter recoil spring?

Post by 115grfmj »

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but why would you want to replace the recoil spring. I understand that replacing the hammer (main spring) would lighten the da pull, but what effect would changing the recoil sping have. Sorry, I'm a newbie to the p64.
rjsixgun

Walter recoil spring?

Post by rjsixgun »

I wanted a stonger recoil spring to help lessen the recoil and protect the frame some. It's a pritty common job on most other semi-pistols.
saands

Walter recoil spring?

Post by saands »

A heavier recoil spring will soften up (dare I say eliminate??) the slap when the slide impacts the frame at the end of the recoil stroke. It will be a great upgrade for the P64 ... but no springs are available :'(

I just talked to Wolff, though, and they said that they don't have an upgrade YET ... but that they ARE working on one! That is really good news to me (forgive me if this is old news here on the forum ... I've been out of touch for a long while) as the HK springs are an improvement, but they make the pistol feel gritty and I question the longevity of the mod ... even though I have had it in for quite some time without failure.

Wolff says "Check back in January" ... so that's what I'll do!

Saands