Home Again

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by abwehr »

Hello Guys,

Well, it has been a while since I posted, but I did not abandone the Forum! Due to all the work I was involved with and the constant traveling, I did nto have time to post much, but I am HOME AGAIN! I got home last night, be taking a few days off and back to work, but at least I will have more time to post comments on the site.

Also, i would like to welcome any new members that have not been greeted by me, so please forgive my tardiness. You guys have all taken care of the questions and you knoe more about this pistol than I do now, LOL!

While I was out of town, I did hit a few gun shop in the Northwest and did not see the first P-64. Most of the shops had never heard of them. One shop did have a PA-63 for sale and I think it was $190.

It sure is good to be back and have time to let you guys know I am still alive!!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Home Again

Post by normsutton »

ABWEHR

good to see you back

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by himmel »

Hey, welcome back Abwehr... :)
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Home Again

Post by nbender »

Well, it's the Northwest's loss. I don't think I've ever seen a P-64 in a local shop up here either abwehr - do you see them down south?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Home Again

Post by papabear »

abwehr,

Welcome back, you were missed!

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by abwehr »

Thanks guys, and I sure am glad to be home! The Northwest is a nice place and I enjoyed hiking the Cascade Range on weekends, but as the old sayings goes, "there is no place like home"!

The P-64 in my area of SC is getting low on them. I will see them occasionally in a gun shop, but the prices are in the $200-225 range. Gunshows usually are in the $185 and up range. Most shows have one or two showing up so far. I may be looking for another one at the next SC Arms Collectors show in Columbia SC next month, and hope the prices are decent.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by himmel »

Still holding at $179 here at the shop where i got mine--he usually has one or two in stock...My minister saw mine, got real interested, and got even more interested when I told him the price--he's thinking of getting his CCL...we might have another "convert" soon LOL!
d627

Home Again

Post by d627 »

A shop called the armory here in Virginia beach has one for 169.99 with 1 mag. was really tempted to get it but had to get a .380 that my fiance can shoot. she did not like the kick of my P-64. since i have a CCL i might stop by there next payday and pick it up if they still have it.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by abwehr »

I have not been to my regular gunshop since I got back, but I hope to take a trip there early next week to see what they have in stock. The last time I was there about 4 months ago, they said they did not plan to get more in as their dealer was sold out. I told them to save me one if they did get any, but not being there for 4 months, they probably would have sold it. I am still watching for them though!
najaf

Home Again

Post by najaf »

I got mine from Military shooters for $170 shipped, comes with extra mag in unissued condition T GKnox import. Im thinking of getting another one nex time as they are very nice pieces and easy to carry.
spot

Home Again

Post by spot »

Abwehr ,
If you are talking about the gunshow at the Jamil Temple the next one is Nov.11 /12 .
That is where I got my P64 from and the dealer had an extra one , But be careful because the SOB switched extra mags with the one that was in the box with my pistol , so I got one with a broken finger guard .
Spot
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by abwehr »

Spot,

Yea, that is the show I plan to attend. I have not been to one of the Columbia, SC shows in a while and I need to make a trip to this one. Maybe they will have something I can buy myself for Christmas, LOL

By the way, the dealer that switched mags on you, did he happen to be from around the Rock Hill area?
robertwilliam

Home Again

Post by robertwilliam »

From what I remember, the distributors are shipping the guns with three mags each.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Home Again

Post by abwehr »

After getting home, I was back at my normal work site near Charleston, SC and got home again Friday. I dedided I would look for another P-64. Went to my local dealer and of course they still did not have any P-64s and said they still could not get any. Then I went to my secondary shop he did not have any either. But he did have a Walther PP in the case, so I looked at it. It was one of the Century imports which I thouth would be the case. Mechanically the pistol was nice with a nice bore and good rifling. The finish was approx. 90%, but the left grip panel was worn. I am not sure, but the grips were probably from another pistol because the wear pattern on them did not match the pistol finish. This was OK as the pistol was all matching including the magazine. It came with a spare magazine and nice holster. The good part is I bought it for $250 OTD. I wanted another P-64, but I could not pass up this buy.

Do any of you guys know the story behind the Century PPs they have for sale? The slide is stamped with the standard Walther info with the "Made in W. Germany" stamp. This indicates they were made for sale in the US. Since Century has a supply of these pistols, I would assume they are surplused from a Police or Military unit/s. The other very odd part is the date code on the frame..... the code is "ID". All my reference material in the Walthers state in fact that the "I" was never used in the date code and that is standard with German coding. Accodring to the serial number, the pistol was made n the early/mid 1980s. Any of you guys have any info about this?