FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
rjsixgun

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by rjsixgun »

Hey guys, Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Just got back from ACE Hardware, I bought a few extra grip screws, nuts and washers. .17 cents (screws and Nuts) and .11 cents a peice (washers) made from stainless steel.

Not a very high price to pay for some insurance against loosing a grip nut.

I bought metric size M3 screws a little on the long side so I could trim to fit perfectly. a propane tourch and oil will blue them in 3 seconds.
barnett3006

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by barnett3006 »

Sorry to change the subject slightly...but it always seemed to me that there should be some kind of grip screw cover that fits in the recessed area on the grips. Does anyone know if there was and what happend to them? If I still had access to a lathe I could turn out some custom screw covers and engrave my initials in them.
pshootr

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by pshootr »

Yes, I agree that would look better, but these were produced as military and police handguns and I don't think looks were a big issue at the Radom factory. I don't think there was a grip escutcheon or whatever you call the inserts which sometimes adorn grip screws, but I may be wrong.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by normsutton »

ESCUTCHEON SCREWS

Mfr: BROWNELLS

For Repair Or New Grips; Ever Popular - Ever In Demand

For pistol grip escutcheons. Escutcheon head countersunk for screw head; nut is round, milled edges (as is head), slightly countersunk on one side for attractive outside appearance when installed. Solid stainless steel, end won't rust after being cut to desired length.

SPECS: 18-8 stainless steel. 5-40 screws, 1-3/8" (3.5cm) long. Brass nut. Sold in paks of 6 or 12 only.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... EON+SCREWS

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on October 8th, 2006, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by himmel »

Thanks for the link, Norm!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by normsutton »

RB

you can get a discount if you have FFL, C&R, or a business name

I have gotten a discount for years as NORM SUTTON DENTAL LAB
NO NEED FOR TAX NUM.
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
barnett3006

FYI Grip Screws!!!!!

Post by barnett3006 »

Yes, I agree that would look better, but these were produced as military and police handguns and I don't think looks were a big issue at the Radom factory. I don't think there was a grip escutcheon or whatever you call the inserts which sometimes adorn grip screws, but I may be wrong.
I always thought that they would be some kind of coat of arms or communist symbol or military insignia or something of the like that the polish (or BATFE) didnt want us to have so they popped them out.