7 Round Mag

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
buggyboat

7 Round Mag

Post by buggyboat »

Hi all,
Well, I was sitting around tonight looking at my P-64 mag and it occured to me that there sure is a lot room left at the bottom of the mag when it it fully loaded. I took it apart and decided to give it a shot; that is, grind here and snip there to try to make some room for another round. I ground down the bottom of the follower and had to shorten the spring a little but sure enough I got the seventh round to fit. I had to take a lot more of the follower off than I wanted, but once I started there was no turning back. Once the mag is loaded up, it feeds just fine. The problem is loading it. I believe that the spring is getting cought on the newley flat, bottom edges of the follower. I am going to try to taper the inside edge so the spring slides past, tomorrow to see if that takes care of the problem. It still works OK as a 6rd but takes some work to get that last round in. I don't recomend it, as when I was done, I wished I had not messed with it. Like I said, it still works but I would not use it for anything other than the range. I have noticed that there are different followers in different mags. The one I did this on is an upside down "U" shape. Has anyone else ever tried this?
buggyboat

7 Round Mag

Post by buggyboat »

Ok, it works. I tapered the inside of the bottom edge of the follower with a dremel. I also realized that when I put the little bend in the spring that holds the bottom on, I did not put it back on the spring far enough and that created some clearance issues. It works fine now. Keep in mind this is an n=1 deal and I have not shot it yet. It seems to feed fine and I have no problem loading it. Aside from a few scraches (my bad), it looks stock. I do expect the spring to wear out much faster now. But who cares? I got 8 shots!!! (7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe). I still am not going to carry this mag, but that is just me.
tunnelrat

7 Round Mag

Post by tunnelrat »

I don't recomend it, as when I was done, I wished I had not messed with it. Like I said, it still works but I would not use it for anything other than the range.
Yup, I've done that a coupla times. I've started a project with a terrific idea about how to save myself a few bucks and maybe bring about world peace...

Currently I'm using 1200 grit sandpaper to polish up the flats of a hard chromed 1911. I thought: "I'll bet that'll polish right up..."

Oh, it polishes all right, but it is obvious that I am only half done. It has turned into a long term, labor intensive, handicraft. I wish I had never started, but now that I'm halfway done, I need to carry through.

I wonder how many projects that later came to be regretted started with something like: "Hey, Vern! Hold my beer and watch this...!"
buggyboat

7 Round Mag

Post by buggyboat »

Actually, I would have to say I am OK with it now. I just got back from shooting and it works great. It shoots all seven with no issues. I went through about 9 mags worth. I will have to see how long it lasts.
jmounce

7 Round Mag

Post by jmounce »

Ive converted both of my 8 round Cz52 mags to hold 9 and also a Jennings .25 6 rounder to hold 7. No problems with the mags.

As soon as I get my mag for the P64, I will convert that one as well.
engine49guy

7 Round Mag

Post by engine49guy »

I had a few beers last night and tried the extra round mod,
Well I took too much off the magazine follower and need a new one.
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement magazine follower or do I have to buy a whole magazine?
you email me at
w4baw@hotmail.com
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

7 Round Mag

Post by normsutton »

ENGINE49GUY

I'VE LOOK ALL OVER FOR A FOLLOWER CAN'T FIND ONE ANY WHERE GUESS YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A NEW MAG IF YOU CAN FIND ONE

MAKE MODIFICATION AT OWN RISK ( COULD BE EXPENSIVE )

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on August 26th, 2006, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

7 Round Mag

Post by himmel »

If anyone can find a good source for magazines I would like to know about it myself...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

7 Round Mag

Post by normsutton »

RB

I keep checking the web & all mag suppliers and I'll post as soon as I find some

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

7 Round Mag

Post by garry »

the Bullet Hole in Kansas had several left after i bought my 5th mag . 6201 Robinson Overland Park, KS Phone: 913-432-0050. nice folk good quality stuff.
4bfox

7 Round Mag

Post by 4bfox »

I bought a couple at: http://www.ammoclip.com/R/radom.htm

Price was right...2@$15 each.

Shipping was extremely fast...had them in 2 days....$7 flat shipping rate for however many mags you buy.
nicksterdemus

7 Round Mag

Post by nicksterdemus »

Radom P-64 9X18 Makarov, 6 round, blued steel body and follower with hard poly finger rest, new production non-factory magazine. Limited to stock on hand.

Quantity: Add to cart $17.00 each, 2 or more $15.00 each.

Looks like these prices are 4 1 unit.............
9x18shooter

7 Round Mag

Post by 9x18shooter »

It sounds like they are the same mags from Forward Supply but more expensive. http://www.forwardsupply.com/index.php?m....49541fd23d 9b8a