Sights???

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
fjblackesq

Sights???

Post by fjblackesq »

You got it right
butch, like I said, '
"just like fancy hub caps on a p8ickup truck'"!!!
amd6547

Sights???

Post by amd6547 »

One idea I had is the Ashley Outdoors Big Dot tritium sight. I know some law officers who use the Beretta Tomcat 32 have it mounted. It could be used to replace the P64 front sight. I bet you could open the rear notch to the full width of the slide rear sight "rails" and have a terrific combination.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
alaziela

Sights???

Post by alaziela »

On mine I had dove-tailed in the sights into the slide. And like it was said the rear sight i just opened it up to the larger size.
pirk56

Sights???

Post by pirk56 »

im gonna be a lil honest here, it might just be me, it might be cause im young, and inexperanced in the ccw field, but i think if i was in a situation where i had to fire my gun at some one, i think my addrenalin would have me shootin all 6 bullets around the person just scaring the crap out of them, as much moveing and shaking ide be doing, i dont think sites would even come into play, ide be like having a bad case of the "buck fever" but i really dont no how i would react in a situation like that, ide love to think i would be calm, cool, and collected, but im really not sure, what do yall think, has any one been in that situation before and doesnt mind telling me how they handled it, or some tips, i dont have my concealed, ive wanted to get it ever sense ive had this gun, but i just dont have the $300 to drop down to get it, thanks pirk
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sights???

Post by himmel »

Hey Pirk, my CCL only set me back about $200, including the class... There's a real interesting thread in the general discussion section about shooting in a stress situation, kind of put my mind at ease about the whole thing--look it up, it's a great read...
goldsmith

Sights???

Post by goldsmith »

Re: sights

I used King's flourescent (not really) orange front sight compound on the front sight. There's not enough room (for me) to make a proper dovetail. I scribed the desired area, then cut the recess with a diamond coated small round file, and drilled a small pocket at the base of the cavity; then appllied the insert compound. This seems to be quite permanent so far, and is easy for me to pick up. I'll likely try the "White dot" rear sight trick above as time allows. This site seems replete with good advise!
918collector

Sights???

Post by 918collector »

Here's a site where you can see those Ashley Big Dot setups: http://www.pt-partners.com/sights/xs.htm

Note how it is installed on the little Beretta .32. Uses the big dot and a flat V. And they are illuminated.

Another route might be something like the Kel-Tec 32. They just stack 2 white dots vertically.
redfestiva

Sights???

Post by redfestiva »

Space,
Great tip about the white dot sight treatment. Last weekend I got the Testers acyrilic paint from Walmart and dotted my P- 64. It sure helps when sighting against a dark target.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sights???

Post by anjdrifter »

thanks for the W mart story I thought I was the only one who did those kinda things..
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sights???

Post by grayfox »

If you pratice enough, you will use your sights to a degree in a gunfight. If you only have a white dot on the front sight, and put that at center mass, you will hit the BG. Any edge you can get will put you over the curve. During a SD time, you will need all of your training & mindset to come naturally. I've been there twice, you can win. BGs don't spend the time to pratice like you do, they are looking for an easy target, if the BG blinks, they are dead if you do your part. If you don't think you can pull he trigger, or are afraid of being sued, then leave the gun at home...because you won't make it. If you pratice enough, you can make it...it all comes back to you when you need it.
p64

Sights???

Post by p64 »

If you pratice enough, you will use your sights to a degree in a gunfight. If you only have a white dot on the front sight, and put that at center mass, you will hit the BG. Any edge you can get will put you over the curve. During a SD time, you will need all of your training & mindset to come naturally. I've been there twice, you can win. BGs don't spend the time to pratice like you do, they are looking for an easy target, if the BG blinks, they are dead if you do your part. If you don't think you can pull he trigger, or are afraid of being sued, then leave the gun at home...because you won't make it. If you pratice enough, you can make it...it all comes back to you when you need it.
Actually more of the BG's are practicing both shooting skills and tactics.
I much prefferred it when they were using the skills learned in the HBSC (Home Boy Shooting Club) when they tried shooting sideways.
I've seen gangbangers at ranges of recent practicing. The guns might not be legal but the ranges don't know or care about that.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sights???

Post by papabear »

redfestiva, +1 on the Testers @ Walmart. I have three different
colors 8-)

anjdrifter, nope, a lot of us older guys can use the help. ;D

grayfox, only been there once, but wish I had had the white dot,
but I won anyway [home invasion] :(

P64, that's scary, home boys practicing, I go to the range at
twice a month, and practice with usually 4 different
handguns, and use either hand and different stances. ;)

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sights???

Post by grayfox »

redfestiva, +1 on the Testers @ Walmart. I have three different
colors 8-)

anjdrifter, nope, a lot of us older guys can use the help. ;D

grayfox, only been there once, but wish I had had the white dot,
but I won anyway [home invasion] :(

P64, that's scary, home boys practicing, I go to the range at
twice a month, and practice with usually 4 different
handguns, and use either hand and different stances. ;)

Papabear
It is scarey ol bud. Mostly what I run into is meth heads, they are a crazy bunch. I try to go to the range at least once a week, keeping the edge is so important. The older you get, the more chances are that the gang-bangers see you as helpless. They are in for a BIG surprize from a lot of us older folks. I have several younger friends that go out and buy a high dollar gun, then never really shoot it. If something happens, they won't make it. Sad...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sights???

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I took a jewelers file to my rear sight, very slow and deliberate and widened the rear sight aperture then cold blued it several times to protect the metal. For the time being I have used ghost white fluorescent paint for the front sight. I will have my local gun smith here in the St John's area of Portland pin a night sight to the front site area when I can afford it. Opening the rear aperture made a big difference for long distance shooting, faster acquisition. For close up work 20 feet or less I just put the front sight on target and pull just as fast as I can. With a little practice the results are amazing. :D
turbocat

Sights???

Post by turbocat »

i don't know how this set-up came about, but it is the cats meow. this pistol points so well that you only put the B-B on target and you're there. easy to see, too.

http://i19.tinypic.com/2aey1ax.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/43ov9td.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/2z3o2mr.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4i3ejqc.jpg