Barrels/Parts Source?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
wap920

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by wap920 »

Does anyone have a contact or source for P-64 parts?
Enjoyed first time @ the range with it- seems to
be more accurate than my CZ-52! Have RCBS Reloading
Equip. but no experience w/it-any helpful hints?
Thanks
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by abwehr »

wap920,

So far, the only place I am aware that spare parts are available will be places like e-bay, auction arms, or gunbroker. Since the P-64 has started to be a little more popular, folks are buying the pistols and breaking them up as spares. As much as I hate to see this happen to a fine pistol, we will need spares at some point in time.

Unlike the Makarov, which seemed like an unending supply of pistols at one time, appear to be drying up too. But there are so many of them sold, manufacturers have been reproducing some parts like springs, barrels, etc, so the Mak will survive the "parts" problem for a long time. The P-64 was not manufactured in the quantities as the Mak, so spares will begin to dwindle as the supply of pistols go into collections.

Look on the auction sites and buy what you feel you may need. Some folks have bought a spare pistol to keep for spares in the future. This is definetly an alternative.

Reloading, aaaaah, it used to be one of my favorite activities in the Fall of the year! The one thing I can say with reloading, read the reloading manuals and other books on reloading. Watch every step in the process and don't get distracted when you reload. Reloading for pistol rounds can be very dangerous with certain powders. DON'T double charge a case. this will certainly cause a blown pistol and probably damage you in the process. An undercharged round may cause a bullet to be lodged in the barrel and a subsequent round fired can case major dmamge too. If you have a friend that reloads, have him help you as you begin the process until you feel comfortable. Otherwise, read the manuals and follow what they say; don't take shortcuts. After all that said, it is fun to me, LOL!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by normsutton »

Read reloading manual carefuly start with min loads and don't go over max. loads
email me if got any questions and I will email you my phone # if i can"t answer with email I've been handloading since 1972 and happy to help any body

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
majwatz

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by majwatz »

Any updates on parts availability? Need the small pin that holds the magazine catch/hammer spring. Yep, I lost it when replacing the hammer spring. Careless me.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by space »

Check out this stuff on E-Bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

or do a search on E-Bay for "Polish Makarov" if this link doesn't work for you. There is a lot of stuff there.
Last edited by space on April 3rd, 2006, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsojim

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by rsojim »

I am new to this forum, but have read all the threads. Lots of good information. I also came into contact with Norm Sutton through this forum. When he says he is always glad to help someone with a gun problem, he means it. Norm is a really nice guy to get to know and he will take time from his business to help. I know, because he helped with a problem on my P-64. Thanks Norm
tunnelrat

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by tunnelrat »

I also came into contact with Norm Sutton through this forum. When he says he is always glad to help someone with a gun problem, he means it. Norm is a really nice guy to get to know and he will take time from his business to help. I know, because he helped with a problem on my P-64. Thanks Norm
Yup, I can second that. Norm has been a help to me, too.

Thanks, Norm!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by normsutton »

THANKS GUYS

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
fjblackesq

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by fjblackesq »

Must be that Florida sunshine, cheers Norm fjb ;)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by himmel »

Hey, let me pile on here--Norm has been a pleasure to deal with, commercially and personally, and generous as all get-out--so thanks from here too...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by normsutton »

THANK'S AGAIN GUYS

this is the best gun forum on the web and I think it's the most active and all of you make it so

so if I can help I do so , just like the rest of you do

GOT TO KEEP THOSE P-64 SHOOTING

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Barrels/Parts Source?

Post by abwehr »

Norm,

You said a mouthful! By golly, the P-64 may not be the "perfect" pistol to all people, but NO one can tell me where the perfect pistol is yet. As you stated "GOT TO KEEP THOSE P-64 SHOOTING"