custom grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
omega8omega

custom grips

Post by omega8omega »

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum as I got new P-64 from SOG.
My question is - what would you like to see in custom P-64 grips.
More width at the backstrap to reduce felt recoil?
Longer grip? Finger grooves? thumb rest?
I don't have much experience with with gun yet, so your opinions will be much appreciated

Thank you

Stay safe

Omega
www.CZgrips.us
xelloss

custom grips

Post by xelloss »

My only problem with the thin grips is that on the back of my P-64s they aren't quite symmetrical, leading to a slightly painful ridge... A set of thin, smooth grips would be nice...

-Mark
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

custom grips

Post by dfunk »

Welcome, omega8omega! Glad to have you here with us.

Speaking for myself, I'd also like to see a more uniform backstrap area without any pinch points. I have a thumbshelf on my left grip, and would love to have it replaced with a flat panel. I wouldn't want any more width added to it, as that's one of the main reasons it fits the bill for concealed carry so well. Keep us up-to-date with anything you may have in mind. If you decide to persue this, or need anything, email me. Enjoy!
nimble1

custom grips

Post by nimble1 »

My grips have the sharp edge at the meeting line also. I have not shot it yet but I imagine it could cause some discomfort. I may even file it down a little.Also I would love to get rid of the thumbrest also.
cruiser

custom grips

Post by cruiser »

That thumb rest is solid material and this is a fairly hard plastic. Is reduced the rest somewhat with a coarse file and sandpaper. finially polishing it with a slow speed Dermil wheel and polish.
preacher

custom grips

Post by preacher »

I also like the narrowness of the P-64 for concealment. However shooting more than a box or two can be uncomfortable. Is it possible for a slip in a full-size grip that is wider for comfort??? That way it could be removed for concealment.
mongo

custom grips

Post by mongo »

My grips have the sharp edge at the meeting line also. I have not shot it yet but I imagine it could cause some discomfort. I may even file it down a little.Also I would love to get rid of the thumbrest also.
The grips don't match they added the thumbshelf to pass BATF.

look at your grips they aren't even the same.

Get em where you want em and put a flat file to them to even them then take em off and put a 45 degree bevel on each side.

fixes that problem.
Last edited by mongo on December 16th, 2005, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cruiser

custom grips

Post by cruiser »

I also like the narrowness of the P-64 for concealment. However shooting more than a box or two can be uncomfortable. Is it possible for a slip in a full-size grip that is wider for comfort??? That way it could be removed for concealment.
Do a Search on this site or look around. I have told about the slip on grip I use and yesit does add bulk all around.
saands

custom grips

Post by saands »

Yahooooo!!!!!! a grip maker! Welcome!

I think that with this one, THIN RULES! ... that being said, these might be a really good application for Dymondwood as some of the areas of the P64's grips are really thin. I'd be happy with both sides the same and like the right side of all the ones that I've seen.

Saands
amd6547

custom grips

Post by amd6547 »

Everybody, go to his site and email him direct, let him know you are serious about buying grips. I did, and I mean it--I'm buying as soon as they are available. I can't wait to see how the P64 looks with a nice set of wood grips.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
nimble1

custom grips

Post by nimble1 »

Any new leads on grips??
This looks pretty neat but it apparently is gun specific. Might be able to get them to tool up some, if we expressed enough interest.

http://www.ccwsupply.biz/AgripPage.htm
omega8omega

custom grips

Post by omega8omega »

Thank you for your posts.
I will start on P-64 project in the second part of January - too many orders right now and I have to finish them first.
I have this gun and I don't like the grips so it will be done for sure. ;)
nimble1

custom grips

Post by nimble1 »

Looking forward to the grips Omega. Looked at your site and you really have some beautiful woods. Just can't decide what will look best on my gun. Keep us informed..thanks.
fjblackesq

custom grips

Post by fjblackesq »

sharp edges at meeting on back of grips:
To eliminate the problem of sharp mismatched edges on rear of grips, i taken preglued velcro strips (abt 3/4 in wide) and put them on the rear of the grip. Use the fuzzy side of velcro) careful trimming and fresh velcro helps)
fjblackesq

custom grips

Post by fjblackesq »

TO OMEGA87OMEGAGA:
make up some P64 gripos in your usual "well done" fashion and I will be one of your first customers. plse here post where available...