Grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
chiefafd

Grips

Post by chiefafd »

:D :( Where can I find a set of grips for a p64 1975 year. The dealers that sell them do not sell parts. I am the newbie in the group and do not know to much about the gun. I took it totally apart did some ramp work and took of some burs, put dots on the sights and freed up the safety. I clipped two coils off the hammer spring and boy did that make a big difference, still fires nice dent in primer. This is going to be my shop gun.

Have a good one
Don
b52stan

Grips

Post by b52stan »

Hi Don, since these have just been imported recently, there isn't aftermarket stuff yet. Some guys are using the slip-on grips from Hogue, Uncle Mike's, or Pachmayer. There is a post here showing pictures.
Am curious about what you used to snip the spring coils. I've ordered replacement springs, so can experiment with the old one. Seems like it's hard to get anything between the coils.
Any advice?
chiefafd

Grips

Post by chiefafd »

Hi Stan , I used a pair of side cutters and then ground the spring flat and boy did it make a big difference in the trigger pull, I had a few rounds with just primers in the case so I fired them to see what the indent would look like, no change. It was worth a try and it worked.

Have a good one
Don
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grips

Post by dfunk »

Welcome, chiefafd! Glad to have you here.
As b52 already stated, we have not yet been able to locate any type of distrubutor or vendor for spare parts - including grips. Being a member of this forum, you'll be among the first to know. Enjoy!
mongo

Grips

Post by mongo »

http://www.lymanproducts.com/pachmayr/

Signature Grips With Back Straps PPK/S Walter PP & PPK/S (Will not fit PPK) (Will not fit S&W Version)
$32.98
Please note: The PPK/S grip will not fit PPK/S models made after mid 2002 with serial numbers higher than 1100BAB.

Anyone know if these will come close to fitting with a little modding? I hate to spend 30+ bucks on maybe..
chiefafd

Grips

Post by chiefafd »

???I'm looking for a left side grip or a full set of p64 grips. If anyone has one and would like to sell it contact me at dfgreis@swfla.rr.com . The one on my new p64 disintegrated and i patched it together the best I could.

Have a good one
Don
mongo

Grips

Post by mongo »

???I'm looking for a left side grip or a full set of p64 grips. If anyone has one and would like to sell it contact me at dfgreis@swfla.rr.com . The one on my new p64 disintegrated and i patched it together the best I could.

Have a good one
Don
If you still can glue it together and maybe fill in with putty and file it back to the original shape, you can make a resin mold.
chiefafd

Grips

Post by chiefafd »

::) ::)Well I just ordered a plastic resin and mold kit for $20 bucks. Gonna try and mold one. Will let the group know how I make out and maybe I will go into business.

Have a good one
Don
bartos061

Grips

Post by bartos061 »