P-64 and Walther Grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
mikethewreck

P-64 and Walther Grips

Post by mikethewreck »

Does anyone have access to a Walther PP or PP/K or PP/KS, etc.?

On one web site they showed a P-64 and Walther PP/K side by side and the grips looked very VERY similar. Might aftermarket grips for the PP/K work on the P-64?
saands

P-64 and Walther Grips

Post by saands »

Can't say about the PPK for sure as I've never seen one personally ... but the PP's grips CLEARLY won't work as the PP (and I imagine the PPK would be similar in this respect) has a steel backstrap that means that the grips are just side panels ... kinda like a 1911.

Saands
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 and Walther Grips

Post by dolang1 »

The grips from a walther PPK will not fit on the P-64. The spring in the back of the gun is lower on the P-64 than on the walther. The PPK grip is a wrap around instead of a two piece. I tried pressure and mild profanity but it did not want to go. It slips easily onto the walther. My walther was a gift from a now deceased veteran so I didn't want to use a lot of pressure or really strong profanity.
mongo

P-64 and Walther Grips

Post by mongo »

The grips from a walther PPK will not fit on the P-64. The spring in the back of the gun is lower on the P-64 than on the walther. The PPK grip is a wrap around instead of a two piece. I tried pressure and mild profanity but it did not want to go. It slips easily onto the walther. My walther was a gift from a now deceased veteran so I didn't want to use a lot of pressure or really strong profanity.
Hey take a couple of measurements and see if the Walters will grind down with a dremel to fit.

I am interested in the screw to back of frame measurement. If that is close I may buy a set and start grinding out a space for the spring at the bottom.

Go measure.. ;D