my pride and joy

Talk about rifles and shotguns here.
bembry

my pride and joy

Post by bembry »

well, I posted pics of my 9x18s, to include my P-64, and I saw the long guns section, so here's my favorite shotgun. 1956 FN Browning A-5 12 gauge. Got it off gunbroker last year--like new for a really decent price.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: my pride and joy

Post by Curly1 »

That is nice.

How does it shoot?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bembry

Post by bembry »

It shoots really nice. It is my first semi-auto Shotgun, and just seems to be crafted superbly. I always wanted an A-5 anyways. My late Uncle had one when I was little and it was always the "good shotgun". Me and my buddies had H&R single shots, cheapie pumps and stuff like that.

This is about as nice of a gun as I'll own--I'm not the kind to go drop 5K on a shotgun. :shock: Hell--I wouldn't even want to take one of those super expensive guns out in the woods...
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

A friend of mine had a 1950's something auto Remington past down from his father.

I shot it once, only once, it was like shooting a cannon.

Another friend was with us and shot it twice which he regretted :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

So you got a jump on Biden's suggestion of using a shot gun for self defense....just kidding, that is a really nice A-5 Browning, which was the first produced semi-automatic shotgun. I had one years ago, not sure of the BOD but some one had added a recoil pad on the butt stock, made it easier to shoot. Traded to a cousin for a Browning HP P35 late 50's. Traded it for a 70 series Colt 1911a1 BOD '73, still got it, wish I had the Browning A-5 and HP, still have the Colt.