Share Those Customized Plinkers!

Talk about rifles and shotguns here.
Duo_Z

Share Those Customized Plinkers!

Post by Duo_Z »

Here is my Ruger 10/22. Share your plinker.

Never Enough Ammo

Re: Share Those Customized Plinkers!

Post by Never Enough Ammo »

HOLY MUZZLE BRAKE BATMAN. Otherwise...Oh who am I fooling, that whole thing is a sweet rig,brake and all. Where did you get it at? Bolt work done by Randy? Or Nemohunter?
Life is hard,it's harder when you're stupid-John Wayne
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

Never Enough Ammo wrote:HOLY MUZZLE BRAKE BATMAN. Otherwise...Oh who am I fooling, that whole thing is a sweet rig,brake and all. Where did you get it at? Bolt work done by Randy? Or Nemohunter?
I did it all the custom stuff short of making the stock and barrel. However I am making a barrel for my cousin at the moment and depending how it turns out I might make one for myself. I'm not sure who made the stock I bought it used and painted, I spent 2 weeks sanding the paint off it. And yes the muzzle break is mostly for fun. :D But I did machine the whole thing. I did the work on the bolt and some work to make the trigger a little nicer. It started out as just a regualer 10/22 and this is where it went. Thanks for the compliment. Though I don't know if its done. . . :wink:
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

I finally finished making that barrel for my cousin. I mounted his receiver in my stock to test fire it. Here's a picture. I have to take it out to the shooting range still.

RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Fun for lizards at 50 yards. Not really customized, as Ruger was on the ball with these "pistols".
Attachments
P4300258b.jpg
P4300256a.jpg
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

RobsTV wrote:Fun for lizards at 50 yards. Not really customized, as Ruger was on the ball with these "pistols".
If the Charger is anywhere as accurate as my 22/45, its got to be a lot of fun. I was plinking a 5"x10" steel plate at 100 yards fairly consistantly with open sites. When I mounted a Holo site on it, where you aimed is where it hit.
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Duo_Z wrote:
RobsTV wrote:Fun for lizards at 50 yards. Not really customized, as Ruger was on the ball with these "pistols".
If the Charger is anywhere as accurate as my 22/45, its got to be a lot of fun. I was plinking a 5"x10" steel plate at 100 yards fairly consistantly with open sites. When I mounted a Holo site on it, where you aimed is where it hit.
I replaced the Charger with a 22/45 MKII, and sorry to say, the Charger was a little more accurate. But too large for an everyday pistol, so the Charger was not taken with me as often. The 22/45 is tossed into the bag every range day. It was worth giving up a tad bit of accuracy (and giving up a little more fun), for convenience of being able to always have the 22/45 with me.

The Charger was an excellent choice for teaching hesitant people how much fun guns can be. Every woman that went to range with us, that could not care less about guns, stood in line to have their shot with it. It was like throwing darts on a rail. The 16x scope, virtually no recoil, along with the bi-pod and sand bag under grip, allowed them to see a spot in the scope, then hit that exact spot at 25 yards every time. They couldn't reload the 25 round mags fast enough.
Attachments
The UltraDot and Warne QD rings might be a little overkill with a 22, but this combo normally sits on a S&W 500, where heavy duty parts are required.
The UltraDot and Warne QD rings might be a little overkill with a 22, but this combo normally sits on a S&W 500, where heavy duty parts are required.