Red Army Elite 9x18 Mak Sale

All things ammo related.
GuitarmanNick

Red Army Elite 9x18 Mak Sale

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I just got a 900 round case of Red Army Elite from J&G Sales for $231 delivered to the door. I know they are high on their shipping costs, but getting reloadable brass ammo for under $0.26/round seems like a deal to me.

I have only fired PRVI Partizan in my P-64 so far, and I am looking forward to seeing if this performs as well in my gun. I have the Wolff springs in it so I may have to change back to the originals if I experience any problems, but I am not expecting this to be necessary. I took the time to polish the feed ramp to avoid any future feed issues. I did have a couple on the first few rounds through the gun because it had never had a round in the chamber until then. Once I got a round to fully chamber and fire, the gun performed perfectly.

I also got a Graco pistol brass catcher that I hope will recover most of the brass.

My dad is a serious reloader and told me to get the dies and he will reload them for me at cost. :D

I am new to the P-64 and have only put 50 rounds though it, but it shoots so well, I plan on shooting it as often as I can. I really like this little gun!

I am hoping I did not make a mistake with the Red Army Elite. I have seen a post or two complaining about it.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Red Army Elite 9x18 Mak Sale

Post by Ketchman »

Let us know what you think of this ammo. Have not heard much of anything about it, have seen the Red Army standard steel case but never their brass cased stuff. Let us know how it performs please. And welcome to The Brotherhood.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
GuitarmanNick

Re: Red Army Elite 9x18 Mak Sale

Post by GuitarmanNick »

See my range report thread for my analysis of this ammunition.