Buffalo Bore, who has used it?

All things ammo related.
almostpolish

Buffalo Bore, who has used it?

Post by almostpolish »

It has been out for a long time now. What is the real low down on the plus P Buffalo bkre ammos in the P64 and the CZ-82?

Is it safe? Is it good?
chestertnted

Re: Buffalo Bore, who has used it?

Post by chestertnted »

I too would like to know. I have used HCD ammo for quite awhile. Is Buffalo Bore worth considering?
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I have shot Buffalo Bore ammo in a couple of .45's but not in any other caliber. The guns seemed to react normally but the downrange evidence suggested something a tad bit meaner. The rounds being shot were 165 grain I believe and were definetly louder. I have been looking for some of the Buffalo Bore hard cast flat nose rounds at shows but with no luck. And I don't want to pay shipping on only 1 box. being an all steel pistol I think the P-64 could handle it without problem, although a steady diet may be a bit hard on the old girl. Everything I have heard or read about these rounds seems to indicate that they are "as advertised".
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
almostpolish

Post by almostpolish »

Somebody must have actual 9x18 experience with the round after all these years. There is buzz in other forums that the 380 version may be over pressure. Now it has been zaid that the 9x18 is not but...
Hapax

Post by Hapax »

I've used it in a Makarov and it was fine - no pressure signs, etc.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

almostpolish wrote:There is buzz in other forums that the 380 version may be over pressure.
Not "may be." IS. BB specifically confirmed that they have loaded their proprietary .380ACP "+P" ammunition to roughly 16% over SAAMI spec. This seems to be a reversal from what they had claimed several years ago. Neverthless, their current claim is that their .380ACP "+P" ammunition is, indeed, over-pressure.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/buffal ... ll-258434/

You couldn't pay me to shoot it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Thank you iklawson for bringing that bit of knowledge to us. So now it seems the question seeking an answer is is Buffalo Bore over SAMI specs or pressure limits for the P-64?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.