Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Weekend 9x18 sale at AIM

Post by manicmechanic »

I jumped on that deal for 500 rounds.
tai

Post by tai »

I must live in some type of 'dreamland' with totally unrealistic expectations.

What ruins the so-called 'deal' for me is $22.81 in shipping charges to my location for a lousy 500 rounds. Works out to 30.5 cents/rd.

What a turn-off...they won't have my business...

I may even turn back to reloading, and purchase a Lee Breech Lock Hand Press. It's a pain to get all the components to reload, but the process is kinda fun and will save money in long run for this round. Just how much I have no idea, so I am 'on the fence' about it.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

My shipping was $14.73, I'm just north of the Buckeyes.
daven

Post by daven »

I have been reloading 9 x 18 for years, both lead and FMJs. I think the last commercial ammo I purchased was some S&B around 10 years ago and I thought that $10 for 50 was excessive. Picked up a 1000 9 x 18 cases from Starline rather than go through the hassle of reworking 9 Luger, and as long as you do not overload them, they last for years. Since I reload for strange calibres (7.63 x 25 Mauser, 38 S&W, 455 Webley, 45 AutoRim, etc.) I made a decision many years ago to stock up on cases and small/large pistol primers as heads and powder can usually be obtained, but these two items are often difficult, though with some searching I recently found 7.62 Luger cases and commercial ammo from Fiocchi, so you can find it. DaveN