Another ammo shortage coming ?

All things ammo related.
wlockridge

Another ammo shortage coming ?

Post by wlockridge »

Just read today that the last commercial lead smelter in the United States is closing. The HERCULANEUM smelter located in town of Herculaneum, Missouri will be closing however no exact date was given. A company official made this statement when speaking about where the raw materials are slated to be refined “That’s all going to go to the global market, primarily China,” Hughes said. “And the one thing we know about China is that the raw materials go in and the metal doesn’t come back out.” Here is a link to the story http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... ab6f6.html you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser but I think it's worth a read, Our cherished and most high leader is behind this one by giving the EPA an essentially blank check to do as they please without having to mess with that silly old constitutional process. We basically have a government agency outside the authority of congress with the power to decimate any industry they see fit as they are doing with the coal industry as we speak. Of course these types of actions aren't normally reported by the government controlled media. No idea how this one slipped through but it's worth a read. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but this sure seems to be part of a grander plan to me. I know I'll be stocking up big time. The next thing will be an import tax on imported ammo just like they did with tires awhile back to "level the playing field" and we all know that was bullshit because our own tire manufactures just raised the prices of domestically produced tires by almost the same amount as the import tariff. And, as always, the only people that got screwed by that was, you guessed it, the American taxpayer. I would like to hear what you guys think.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
lklawson

Re: Another ammo shortage coming ?

Post by lklawson »

wlockridge wrote:I would like to hear what you guys think.
This should have negligible, if any, effect upon most U.S. lead usage. The vast majority of lead in the U.S. is already imported.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. In the article it does however state that the closing would effect US ammunition manufactures which leads me to believe that at least some of the lead ingots are bought and used here in the US. The prices of ammo in my neck of the woods is still barely changed from the heights of the "shortage" and you can barely find any 9mm Parabellum ammo at all and, if you happen to find any, you're generally limited to 2 boxes per customer and the prices are still sky high, which is what led me to sell off all of my weapons in that calibre. As I told my friend at the gun store, no use having them if you can't buy ammo for them. A good quality claw hammer is a much better, and cheaper, option in a self defence situation than an empty 9mm handgun. :D . Here's a link to an article where some Senators were bandying about some tax on ammo bills. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03 ... guns-ammo/ . Obama himself in an interview on, I believe 60 minutes but don't hold me to that as it was a few years ago, when questioned reference the gun violence in Chicago, stated the they should tax ammunition at 100% to make it too expensive for the little gang bangers to buy. Anyway thanks again for the input as it's only through civil discourse with informed, like minded people that we can arrive at the truth of the matter. Hoping this finds you and yours well and safe. Happy holidays my friend.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

I'm not going to take any chances. I'm going to start shooting depleted uranium. :twisted:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:I'm not going to take any chances. I'm going to start shooting depleted uranium. :twisted:
I like the way you're thinkin' :D