Backlog for NICS checks?

Non-firearms open discussion.
mike83

Backlog for NICS checks?

Post by mike83 »

I have been waiting for 2+ days for my FFL to get an answer back for a new rifle purchase. The nice lady at the store says she is waiting for response on checks sent in 6 days ago. Is this the new norm or did I just buy at a busy time? I hate to think that there is anything evil going on from white house directives.

Conspiracy theory susceptible,
Mike 83
Drec

Re: Backlog for NICS checks?

Post by Drec »

Probably a good reason to have a CPL.
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

Yup, they're busy. Firearm sales set yet another record, and the FBI said they wouldn't be able to support the Left's new Mandatory background check bill.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

All the Liberals are stocking up in anticipation of the countries meltdown after Trump takes office. :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
mike83

Post by mike83 »

Got the NICS approval today and picked up my new Remington 783. It took from Monday to Sunday to get it done and I have a perfectly clean background. The new norm is 6 days apparently. The store tried to blame the Illinois State Police for the delay, but I was under the impression the FBI runs the NICS program in Virginia. Either way, I would like to know the reason for the backlog. Even with huge Black Friday sales, checks were done much faster.
Tuesday is planned to be a range day to dial it in. Oh boy! This is my first modern center fire rifle. It joins my Mosins, Mausers, Carcanos, Arisakas, MAS, Steyr Garand and Trap Door.

Mike