P64 me

Non-firearms open discussion.
4rum

P64 me

Post by 4rum »

I'm going to purchase a P64 soon. I wasn't familiar with this piece until I actually started doing an online search for a smaller 'carry' auto. It kept popping up everywhere. I watched some youtube videos, read quite a bit on the P64 then searched for a message board. Well ... here I am :) I've found good information here, just the kind I was hoping for. I guess my question from the board, at this time would be, what vendor? I have a C & R. I've bought from J & G, SOG, Century and Samco Global before. I found this supplier that sells with an extra mag and I like the sound of the location of the importer's mark.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/polish- ... s-for-sale

Anyone dealt with these folks? Other suggestions, cautions, nightmares?

Any input welcome

4rum
Remember, at the end of the day ... it gets dark.
mike83

Re: P64 me

Post by mike83 »

Congrats on your choice of the P64. You will not be sorry. I purchased two P64's from SOG and was very happy with them. I have purchased other C&R rifles from JG and was also very pleased. Classic sent me 2 very rough Mosin Nagants that were supposed to be hand-picked. They censor negative comments, as mine never showed up on the site. This was a few years ago when the 91/30's were plentiful and excellent examples abundant. Others may have had better luck, but I was not so lucky. That tiny import mark is tempting. I have the large billboard marks on two of mine and a small mark on my third (yes, they are habit forming). Whatever you decide, enjoy.
Mike
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

My favorite EDC!. Just get a Wolffe spring kit and you are set. I bought mine at LGS, for a tad over the on line rates of the fine vendors mentioned above. They are fairly common at the gun shows I attend.
It is good to look them over before purchase if you can. Many guns have been delivered that were inadequate.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Thanks Mike and chestertnted;

I'll also check for a place that will take returns if the pieces is not as advertised.

'rum
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome aboard 4rum, I saw your first post the other day but no time to respond. I have purchased from Century, Classic and SOG and I have had good luck with all of them, but I was not purchasing firearms from SOG. I wish you luck and yes, as Mike83 said they ARE addictive.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

I was in the process of ordering from Classic, noticed the C & R in my desk expired in March. Can't for the life of me remember if I renewed or not. I'll have to call and check my status now. Stuff like this happens to me a lot :?

UPDATE: I found my current C & R and placed an order with Classic. Their offer includes one extra magazine and I was also tempted by the import markings in a more discreet location (underneath in front of the trigger guard). There was a minor problem with their software not wanting to ship to a separate mailing address so I needed to call the vendor. The young lady that answered was very courteous, helped me place my order right there on the phone and really seemed to know her job and the business well. It was a pleasant transaction. She advised, without my asking, that I would receive a conformation by email and also a tracking # as soon as my purchase shipped.

Extremely anxious to go make some racket ! :)