Good Old Dianne Feinstein

Non-firearms open discussion.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Good Old Dianne Feinstein

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. .

And the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times: April 9, 2013

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California , but we
Seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office.
I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine , even comes
Close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington , we're
Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw
The likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy
Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You
Don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel
At their ability to form words."

-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky,

Los Angeles Times
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Good Old Dianne Feinstein

Post by Weasel640 »

Although I really dislike that woman, and wish her out of office... I believe that first quote is very much incorrect. By posting misinformed quotes you are doing no better than they are when they try to change the names to make full capacity mags sound scary.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/04/twisti ... tary-vets/
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Are you saying that you know for a fact that the quote was incorrect?
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Look it up yourself! Although I hate the woman and what she stands for she did not say "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms".

Further more that quote is an incorrect paraphrase from the Senate Judiciary meeting in March. The bill fell drastically short, it was such a failure that it really won't bounce back anytime soon. So why are you bringing up old news? Supplies/prices are starting to get better again. We really don't need anymore fear mongering.

Here are the some links if you are to lazy to do the search:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/ ... hgD7D82rhM
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Here is the full hearing for you to watch. In regards to veterans, her response is at 1:34:00 through 1:35:49. Although she does says allot of B.S. and is very much wrong about when PTSD began. She did not say that quote, nor is it an accurate paraphrase of what she did say.

www.c-spanvideo.org/program/GunControlLegislati

Again look at the date March 7th, old news!
Weasel

Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I appreciate your having pointed out my laziness, Weasel. If Snopes is correct, and if that was a misquote, I stand corrected - for that part. I do agree with the newspaper article though.

In addition to being lazy, I guess I'm just an overly-sensitive, gun-owning old fart of a ground-pounding veteran. I trust that this won't prevent you from enjoying the rest of your evening.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Oh don't worry although watching her speak pisses me off. We do have so many good senators that were willing to speak out against that bill.

I do agree with her simile to a witch. But she sticks her foot in her mouth enough. We don't need to misquote her for that.
Weasel

Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Weasel640 wrote:Oh don't worry although watching her speak pisses me off. We do have so many good senators that were willing to speak out against that bill.

I do agree with her simile to a witch. But she sticks her foot in her mouth enough. We don't need to misquote her for that.
:wink:
6thcav

Post by 6thcav »

Sounds like a Crow in a high wind.