Military Shooters (.com)

Non-firearms open discussion.
lklawson

Military Shooters (.com)

Post by lklawson »

This is a positive, favorable review for Military Shooters, an online ammo and accessories website.

On one of the ammo price aggregators, I got a heads up for 9x18 Makarov ammo. I followed the link and was rewarded with an "in stock" flag. I made the order, clicked "buy," and (as far as I knew) was a happy camper.

The website, while not as pretty as some others, was functional, if basic. But functional and basic is preferable to pretty and non-functional. They get an extra 5 points each for having these features
  • a working "Estimate Freight" button
  • multiple shipping options ranging from USPS Priority, UPS Ground, to Next Day Air
  • a "number in stock" counter
  • expected restock date for out of stock items
  • email notification option for when items re-stock
So I can figure out how much I'm paying for shipping, know how many (if any at all) are on hand, and when they expect to be restocked so I can set a reminder as well as getting an email notification. That's a pretty impressive list of features when compared to most of the other sites.

But it gets better.

I made the purchase and then waited (and waited) for my CC account to be debited the amount. In the back of my mind was a fear that I hadn't squeezed in under the wire and that they'd cancel my order. I know that they went out of stock before I could report their "in stock" status online. That was Friday. This Monday morning I received a phone call from them. A real live PERSON had manually dialed my cell phone number. After finding a place to speak with him which wasn't a faraday cage the fine gent on the other end told me (much to my trepidation) that he needed to discuss the "details" of my Credit Card. Uh oh... It seems that I completely borked my card's expiration date. Not just a little, mind you; COMPLETELY. Both month and year absolutely wrong! Instead of canceling my order, as they had every right to do at that point, they called me, fixed my mistake, and completed the order. My account has now been properly debited the purchase amount and estimated shipping date is now this coming Friday.

+1,000 bonus points.

The only reason that these folks merely get a solid two thumbs up is because I only have two thumbs. Who hears about customer service like that these days?

http://www.militaryshooters.com

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Military Shooters (.com)

Post by Curly1 »

Agreed customer service is getting slim these days.

And when you do get someone hopefully you can understand the.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tman11787

Post by tman11787 »

Another bonus...use the discount code "sb" for an extra 5% off !
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Ammo delivered today.

Happy camper.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."